Victorian Saint Nick
- Heart-shaped plaque, 10”
- Assorted papers: red, red polka dot, green, blue polka dot, musical notes, taupe
- Assorted Christmas paper in muted red, tan, and green colors, three
- Victorian Santa découpage die cut
- Small red and white polka dot button
- Self-adhesive flat-back pearls in various sizes
- Ribbon: dark green velvet rick rack, wide red satin, cord for hanging
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine with Dies: Sizzix Bigz Tattered Poinsettia and Flower, Peony; small 3-D flower, snowflake dies of choice in various sizes
- Sentiment stamp of choice
- Small leaf punch
- Foam ink applicator
- Ink pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Mowed Lawn, Walnut Stain; Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Rich Cocoa
- DecoArt Craft Twinkles Writers: Crystal, Christmas Red, Christmas Green; Americana Antique Decou-page Sealer; One-Step Crackle Finish; Americana Asphaltum Acrylic Paint
- scissors, cloth, small plate for palette, sea sponge, flat paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Prepare Plaque
- 1. Tear Christmas papers randomly. Adhere papers to plaque with découpage sealer using flat paintbrush. Overlap papers and allow torn edges to remain visible. Trim Santa die cut; adhere to upper left side, allowing room for flower trio. Set aside to dry completely.
- 2. Coat plaque liberally with crackle paint; let dry. (Note: Allow crackle to set up overnight if possible.)
- 3. Apply Asphaltium paint to plaque, working into cracks. Gently remove excess with damp cloth; let dry.
- 4. Seal plaque with découpage. Smear Crystal paint marker over plaque at random to make it sparkle.
- Create Elements
- 1. Die cut poinsettia using red polka dot and green paper, cutting largest flower layer from green. Ink red layer edges Barn Door and green layer edge Mowed Lawn using foam applicator. Add glitter to edges of flower layers using Christmas Red and Christmas Green paint markers on corresponding layers. When dry, assemble flower and adhere with hot glue. Add Christmas Red paint marker to center. Let dry.
- 2. Die cut and assemble remaining flowers using red paper, adhering with hot glue. Adhere small button to center of one. Set aside.
- 3. Punch five leaves from musical notes paper. Ink edges Peeled Paint using foam applicator. Set aside.
- 4. Die cut snowflakes from blue polka dot paper; set aside.
- 5. Make large bow from red ribbon.
- 6. Stamp sentiment on taupe paper using Rich Cocoa ink. Trim into desired shape, tearing ends. Ink edges with Walnut Stain; set aside.
- Assemble Plaque
- 1. Placing poinsettia in center, adhere flower trio to plaque using hot glue. Tuck musical print leaves under flowers; adhere.
- 2. Adhere pearls around Santa die cut using hot glue.
- 3. Allowing room for bow, adhere sentiment tag to bottom of heart using découpage sealer.
- 4. Adhere snowflakes in scattered pattern across plaque using découpage sealer; let dry completely.
- 5. Embellish snowflakes with Crystal paint marker; let dry.
- 6. Make red ribbon bow; adhere to plaque using hot glue. Adhere rick rack around edge of plaque, trimming elements as desired.
- 7. Cut desired length of cord for hanging loop. Place large circle of hot glue on back; embed cord ends into glue to secure. Let dry thoroughly before hanging.
- 1. Allowing elements to exceed outer edge of plaque adds dimension. Leave protrusions whole, like the flowers and leaves, or trim flush with edge, like the snowflakes.