Family Wall Art
- Chipboard “family” plaque
- Polyform Premo! Sculpey Clay: Bright Green Pearl, Spanish Olive; Accents 18K Gold
- Green print paper
- Assorted embellishments of choice: charms, keys, gems, threads, ribbons, twine
- Paintbrushes: foam, sponge
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Industrial Blueprint Stamp Set
- Polyform Sculpey Tools: Clay Condioning Machine, Edgy Texture Sheets, Bake & Bond
- Dark green craft paint (to match print paper)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet, oven
- Adhesives: strong white craft glue, clear double-sided tape
- craft mat, craft knife, scissors, pencil, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Condition clays with machine until soft and pliable. With clay machine on #2 setting, roll out two sheets of all clays mixed together. See Photo 1.
- 2. Working on craft mat, follow manufacturer's instructions to press texture sheet into clay. See Photo 2.
- 3. Apply Bake & Bond to letters "a" and "y" on plaque.
- 4. Position clay sheet, textured side down, on protected work surface. Position letter "a" section of plaque face down on back of clay. Trim around letter using craft knife. See Photos 3 and 4. Repeat with letter "y." (Note: If clay sheet is smaller than plaque, apply adhesive to and cut out one letter at a time.)
- 5. Bake clay-covered plaque following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool completely.
- 6. Trace remaining letters onto green paper and cut out. See Photo 5. Adhere letters onto plaque using craft glue, trimming papers as necessary to fit.
- 7. On newspaper-covered work surface, paint edges of plaque, allowing paint on edges of green paper.
- 8. Roll another sheet of mixed clays as in Step 1. Press lock and key stamps into clay sheet; cut out with craft knife. Bake clay pieces on parchment-lined baking sheet following manufacturer's instructions. Let cool completely.
- 9. Paint over stamped surfaces of key and lock; let sit for five minutes. Wipe paint off flat surfaces using damp paper towel, leaving paint in grooves. Let dry thoroughly.
- 10. Adhere embellishments, including stamped clay panels, to plaque using craft glue and double-sided tape to achieve desired effect. See Photo 6.