Chalkboard Wine Gift Box
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- Elmer’s Black on Black Foam Board, 20”x30”x1/2”
- Black and white chevron scrapbook paper, 12”x12”
- Black grosgrain ribbon, 3/8”-wide, 3 yds.
- Silver metallic shredded paper
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: Stainless Steel Scissors, 8”; Metal Ruler, 12”; Curve Craft Knife and blades; Self Healing Cutting Mat 18”x24”
- Elmer’s Painters Super Tip White Opaque Paint Marker
- Adhesives: Elmer’s CraftBond Extra Strength Glue Stick, glue gun with sticks
- 1. Measure, mark, and cut out gift box panels as follows: two narrow box sides, 4-1/2"x13"; two wide box sides, 4-3/8"x13"; one box bottom, 4-3/8"x4-1/2"; one lid top, 5"x5-3/8"; four lid sides, 1-3/8"x5".
- 2. Dry fit box panels. Keeping matching box sides across from each other, hold box sides against bottom, placing shorter sides on top of box bottom. Box base will measure 4-1/2"x5". Adhere side and bottom panels together along edges using glue gun.
- 3. Conceal seam edges of foam with ribbon. Cut four 4-1/2" lengths and adhere to top and bottom of wide 4-3/8" box sides using glue stick. (Note: Next ribbon will cover these raw ribbon ends.) Cut two 36" lengths. One at a time, adhere ribbon length to foam edges of box, starting at bottom corner, up side box seam, across raw top edge, back down side box seam, and across raw bottom, slightly overlapping ends. Repeat on other side of box.
- 4. Dry fit lid panels, ensuring lid will cover box. Adhere sides to lid in pairs across from each other using glue gun.
- 5. Cut 5"x5-1/2" and two 10-1/2"x1 strips from chevron paper. Fold each strip once, 5" from one end. Place folds against opposite corners of lid. Center large panel on lid and strips vertically around sides; adhere using glue stick.
- 6. Practice printing name on scrap paper approximately same size as side of box when lid is on. For calligraphy look, hold pen top at angle and move at elbow instead of at wrist when writing to keep angle consistent. When satisfied, write name on front of box while lid is on.
- 7. To gift, place metallic shreds in box, insert gift wine, and add more shreds before placing lid on box.
- 1. To make cutting foam board easier, score lightly with craft knife first. Then press more firmly to cut deeper, making several passes. Replace knife blades often.