Vintage Santa Spoon Ornament
The Robin’s Nest
Use ribbon, vintage images, and sparkling Dew Drops to transform a simple spoon into a keepsake ornament.
- The Robin’s Nest: Cream Cardstock, Christmas Rub-On, Gold Dew Drops, Christmas Tree Collection Tear Drop Dew Drops
- Ribbon: red/white striped satin, narrow red glitter
- Small oval punch
- Craft wire
- Dark red glitter glue
- Adhesives: glue gun, clear-drying liquid glue, foam squares
- 1. Apply large Santa rub-on to cream cardstock. Turn spoon upside down over image and trace bowl onto cardstock over Santa's face, using photo as placement guide. Carefully cut out oval, preserving remaining rub-on image. Highlight image edges with glitter glue and let dry.
- 2. Using glue gun, adhere row of red Tear Drop Dew Drops, tips in, around bowl of spoon as shown. Let set. Layer several foam squares inside bowl of spoon and adhere Santa image.
- 3. Punch small oval from lower portion of remaining rub-on image; Christmas sentiment should be visible. Using clear-drying liquid glue, adhere gold Dew Drops around oval edges; let dry.
- 4. Tie multi-loop bows around spoon handle; secure with glue gun. Adhere oval image to center of bows.
- 5. Create small hanger from wire; thread under ribbon at back and secure with glue gun.
- 1. Work up a set of ornaments in assorted holiday colors by changing out ribbon and Dew Drops.