Modern Vintage Card Pair
sizes: sleigh rides, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; rejoice, 5-1/2"x5-1/2"
- Cardstock: white; black
- Fashionista patterned (Graphic 45)
- Chipboard: Idea-ology Grungeboard Seasonal Accents (Tim Holtz); Undressed Holiday Collection (BasicGrey)
- Small silk poinsettias, two, and ball trims (Prima)
- Tiny clear adhesive gem (Hero Arts)
- Stamps (Cornish Heritage Farms): Vintage Signage; The Rummage Bin Primitive Christmas
- Ink pads (Tsukineko): VersaFine Graphite Black; Brilliance Beige Pearlescent
- COPIC markers (Imagination International)
- Copper Leafing Pen (Krylon)
- Sewing machine with black thread
- Foam adhesive dots
- Sleigh Rides
- 1. Make white top-fold card base. Cut 4-1/4"x5-1/2" striped paper piece; stamp beige sleigh at lower right.
- 2. Cut 2-1/2"x4-1/4" red dot/stripe piece and 1-1/4"x4" green floral piece; layer and adhere pieces on striped panel and sew around edges. Ink panel edges black and adhere to card.
- 3. Cut lower portion of lamp from bottom of Grungeboard scroll post, leaving lamp top. Use black marker to color scroll post and Leafing Pen to color hanger; let dry. Glue flower to back of upper scroll as shown.
- 4. Stamp vintage sign on striped paper and cut out; edge with Leafing Pen. Glue white ball trim to bottom back edge of sign. Glue scroll post hanger over top of sign. Adhere sign to card with foam dots, scroll to card with glue.
- 1. Make white side-fold card base. Cut 5-1/2" red dot/stripe paper square. Glue brown ball trim across bottom edge, adhering ends to back. Adhere paper to card.
- 2. Cut 4-1/2" green floral paper square and mat on black cardstock. Adhere flower to upper left corner. Sew around inner edge of green square, through flower, and adhere piece to card, overlapping top edge of trim.
- 3. Stamp vintage sign on striped paper and cut out; edge with Leafing Pen. Color branch with markers. Adhere sign to card, slightly right of center.
- 4. Color chipboard deer with brown marker and clear gem with red marker; adhere gem to nose and deer to card. Trim antlers even with card edge.
- 1. Add texture to chipboard reindeer with brown flocking; emboss scroll post to add shine.
- 2. Create quick coordinating tags using stamps, patterned cardstock and a large craft punch. Punch a tiny hole in tag and tie to package with pretty ribbon or simple string. Tags make a wonderful gift, too.
- 3. Get more use from large background stamps - create your own patterned background papers.