Lacy Candle Shade
These one-of-a-kind candle shades are great gifts and so easy to customize to fit any color scheme.
Lacy Candle Shade
- Glass candlestick and votive cup
- Cardstock: heavy white, Stampin’ Up! Whisper White
- Heartfelt Creations Burst of Splendor Paper Collection (HCDP1 235)
- Teardrop beads
- Pearls: 4mm, 5mm
- Iridescent yarn
- Jewelry findings: headpins, jump rings
- Battery-operated candle
- Die-cutting and Embossing Machine
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Dahlia Cluster (HCPC 3548), Bold Leaf (HCPC 3547), Open Leaf (HCPC 3545)
- Heartfelt Creations Dies: Classic Leaf (HCD 736), Decorative Lace Border (HCD 713)
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
- Markers: Imagination International COPIC Amethyst (V17), Mallow (V15), Pale Lilac (V12); Tombow Dark Olive (158), Asparagus (192); Stampin’ Up! Garden Green
- Ranger Stardust Stickles Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives 527 Multi-Use Glue, paper glue
- sewing needle and white thread, round nose pliers, chain nose pliers, wire cutters
- 1. Adhere votive cup to top of candlestick with 527 Glue; let dry.
- 2. Die cut four Decorative Lace Borders from heavy white cardstock. Adhere together, end to end, to create a strip approximately 23-1/2" long. Cut two 1/2" strips from green paper. Adhere along length of lace border, 1" from top edge. Apply Stardust Stickles throughout middle of lace; let dry.
- 3. Using Scor-Pal, score every other scallop on lace strip. Turn strip over, score opposite scallops. Mountain-valley fold length of strip; adhere ends together to create a tube.
- 4. Run threaded needle through lattice holes of lace tube just below uppermost scallop, securing a 4mm pearl between each fold. Tighten thread to draw top closer; tie threads off to create small top opening.
- 5. Thread yarn through holes at bottom of lace tube, just above teardrop descenders. Tighten yard to draw bottom closer until shade fits your candleholder; tie yarn off.
- 6. Thread teardrop bead on headpin, followed by 5mm pearl. Using pliers, wrap headpin stem around jump ring, making a loop and trimming off excess wire if necessary. Using pliers, open jump ring to hang pendant from shade every other pleat, opposite of the teardrop descenders. Repeat around entire bottom of shade.
- 7. Stamp small Dahlia on Whisper White cardstock, color with COPIC markers and cut out. Apply Stickles as desired.
- 8. Apply Garden Green marker to Bold Leaf stamp; stamp on Whisper White cardstock. Apply Dark Olive and Asparagus marker to Open Leaf stamp; stamp over Bold Leaf stamp. Using Classic Leaf die, die cut/emboss two leaves. Apply Stickles as desired.
- 9. Adhere leaves to flower. Adhere flower to paper shade as shown.
- 10. Insert battery-operated candle into votive cup; place shade on votive cup.
- 1. For safety reasons, use only battery-operated candles to light this shaded lamp.