Ho Ho Ho Pop-up Card
Ho Ho Ho Pop-up Card
- Cardstock: red; white; black; green; orange; pink; golden yellow; white glitter
- Patterned: red/white scroll; black/white dot
- Buttons, one each: red; green
- Green ribbon
- Tiny red adhesive gems
- Photographs or color copies
- Sizzix Big Shot or BIGkick Die-Cutting Machine*
- Sizzix Extended Cutting Pad Set and Extended Premium Crease Pad*
- Sizzix Bigz XL Ball 3-D by Karen Burniston Die*
- Sizzix Originals Flourish Die*
- Sizzix Sizzlits Dies*: Snowmen Set by Dena Designs; Decorative Strip ‘Tis the Season, Ho Ho Ho & Naughty or Nice Phrase by me & my BIG ideas; Decorative Strip Christmas Advent Calendar #4
- White/iridescent glitter glue with fine tip
- Golden yellow acrylic paint or ink pad
- Permanent pens: black fine-tip; red felt-tip; green felt-tip
- Sewing needle and white thread
- Extra-strength, double-sided tape
Pattern - Steps
- 1. Make red side-fold card base.
- 2. Trim photo to 4"x5"; double mat on black and white cardstock. Adhere to inside top of card.
- 3. Die cut Ho Ho Ho phrase and two flourishes from white glitter cardstock; set aside flourishes. Glue phrase inside card below photo. Die cut Ho Ho Ho holly leaves from green cardstock and adhere to letters. Adhere red gem "berries" to leaf centers.
- 4. Die cut snowman from white, red, orange, pink and golden yellow cardstocks. Cut and adhere red flower and golden yellow center to white snowman. Cut and adhere orange nose, red heart buttons and pink cheeks to snowman. Adhere snowman to card near photo. Detail with black and red pens as shown.
- 5. Follow instructions to die cut and assemble pop-up ball from white cardstock. Adhere ball to inside of card as shown. Die cut ball again from red scroll and black polka dot papers. Trim individual segments and glue to ball, alternating patterns with trimmed photos as shown.
- 6. Handwrite sentiment on cardstock with black pen and trim to size; sponge ink or paint along edges and let dry. Adhere sentiment inside card below pop-up ball. Die cut green Advent Calendar leaves and detail with green pen; adhere next to phrase. Add gems to leaf center.
- 7. Cut 2-3/4"x5-1/2" red scroll paper piece and adhere to left side of card front as shown. Adhere one complete scroll die cut to right side; cut apart remaining scroll and glue to card to fill in spaces. Detail scroll paper design with glitter glue; let dry.
- 8. Sew white thread through buttonholes. Adhere green button to top of pop-up ball. With card closed, tie green ribbon in a knot around card. Glue red button to knot.