Ghoulish Delights Treat Cups & Cards
Karen Foster Design
sizes: feeling batty, 3"x6-1/2"; haunting we will go, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; candy cups, 5" across; feeling ghoulish, 5"x5"
- Prismatic cardstock (Prism Papers): Black; White; Classic Orange; Stormy Light; Spring Willow Medium; Majestic Purple Dark; Sunflowers Medium
- Patterned*: Bag O’ Bones; The Witching Hour; Haunted Décor
- Halloween Trimmings*
- Spooky cardstock stickers*
- Sunshine mini brads*
- White Scrapper’s Floss*
- Orange paper blossom (Prima)
- Purple button
- Tan photo corners (Canson)
- Clear craft bags filled with desired goodies
- Kraft paper shred
- Brown ink pad
- Craft punches: Upper Crest Border (Fiskars); 1-1/2” circle, 2” scalloped circle (EK Success); 2” circle (McGill); small and medium stars (McGill, Marvy Uchida); small hole (Gemline)
- Cuttlebug Die Cutter & Embosser and Swiss Dots A2 embossing folder (ProvoCraft)
- Cricut Electronic Cutter with Tags, Bags, Boxes and More die cartridge (ProvoCraft)
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Computer with printer
- Paper piercer
- Foam adhesive dots
- Feeling Ghoulish Card
- 1. Make black, side-fold card base. Cut skull paper slightly smaller than card front and stitch to card.
- 2. Cut a 1-1/4"x5" dark purple strip; emboss with dot pattern. Punch two orange Upper Crest border strips; adhere to top and bottom of purple strip. Adhere to card.
- 3. Cut small slit in center of card fold. Thread Halloween ribbon through hole and tie bow at left side. Die cut two 1-1/2" tags from white cardstock. Temporarily adhere tags to printer paper and print "Feeling" and "ghoulish?" on tags; remove tags from paper. Ink tag edges brown and adhere to card front under bow.
- 4. Punch gray 1-1/2" circle and green 2" scalloped circle; ink edges brown and adhere together. Adhere skull sticker to circles; pierce hole through sticker and insert mini brad with orange blossom. Adhere motif to card.
- Feeling Batty Card
- 1. Make black, side-fold card base. Trim witch paper slightly smaller than lower portion of card front. Cut two pieces of witch hat ribbon and fold in half to make tabs. Stitch paper to card, inserting tabs as shown.
- 2. Punch orange border strip and adhere to card across top of witch paper as shown.
- 3. Print "Feeling Batty?" on green card stock and trim to fit top of card; ink edges brown. Stitch panel to card. Adhere photo corners to top corners of panel.
- 4. Punch 2" yellow circle; punch again to create crescent moon. Emboss moon with dots; ink edges brown. Adhere to card. Adhere bat sticker over moon with foam adhesive dots. Tie floss through button; adhere to moon.
- A Haunting We Will Go Card
- 1. Make black, top-fold card base. Cut Haunted Décor paper strip to fit lower portion of card front. Punch dark purple border strip and adhere behind bottom edge; adhere to card.
- 2. Print sentiment on green cardstock and trim to fit top of card; ink edges brown. Stitch panel to card. Adhere photo corners to top corners of panel.
- 3. Adhere eyeball ribbon around card front over paper seam.
- 4. Punch three yellow stars; ink edges brown. Adhere to card. Adhere haunted house sticker to card with foam adhesive dots.
- Treat Cups
- 1. Die cut 5" black nut cup using bags and boxes cartridge. Assemble as indicated.
- 2. Embellish front of treat cup using large stickers or crescent moon motif from Feeling Batty card; see Step 4. Fill cup with paper shred. Place filled bag inside cup.
- 3. Adhere smaller sticker to green or orange cardstock; trim and ink edges brown. Punch small hole at end of tag; tie to bag with ribbon and twine.
- 4. For mini candy bars, or even larger bars, cut patterned paper to cover label and adhere. Tie ribbon around bar.