Frightfully Chic Halloween Treats
sizes: candy bags, 4-1/4"x5-3/4"; cat card, 5"x7"; mummy invitation, 6-1/4"x6-1/4"; treat box, 5"x7-1/4"x9-1/2"
- Oval paper mâché clear dome box, 5”x7-1/4”x9-1/2”
- Square Onyx Black Metallic Petal Card (Paper and More), 6-1/4”x6-1/4”
- Cardstock: black metallic; purple; blue; white
- Ribbon: wide sheer black; black satin, 1/8”; metallic purple/black wire-edged web-print
- Large silver brads
- Metallic purple/black bat confetti
- Cellophane candy bags filled with candy corn
- Stamps (Safire Designs): Mummified; Spider Web; Scary Spider; Spider on a String; Hilda the Witch; Fright Night Pals; Ghost and Goblin Treats words; Happy Fright Night words
- Ink pads: Memories Black dye (Stewart Superior); silver; embossing
- Embossing powders: pastel lilac; metallic silver; black
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Black Diamond; Icicle; Turquoise; Orange Peel; Green
- PearlEx watercolors (Jacquard Products)
- Diamond Glaze (JudiKins)
- Decorating Magic Multi spray glitter (Chase Products)
- Decorating chalks and brush
- Black acrylic paint
- Heat tool
- Craft punches: hole; 2” circle
- Paper piercer
- Foam sponge
- Adhesives: hi-temp hot glue gun; Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue (Duncan); foam tape
- 1. Remove dome from box lid. Paint box and lid black, inside and out; let dry. Spray generously with glitter spray; let dry.
- 2. For each treat bag, cut two 4-1/4"-wide black metallic cardstock panels, one 7-3/4" long (front) and one 9-3/4" long (back). Score each panel 2" from one end. Overlap and glue 2" sections; fold sides up. Score 2" flap at top of back panel; fold over front of bag. Punch two holes at center top.
- 3. Cut two 5"x7" black metallic cardstock panels and glue together for lollipop card; weight until glue dries.
- 1. Cut six 3-3/4"x4-1/4" purple cardstock panels; black emboss Spider on a string on three panels and Hilda the Witch on three panels. Sponge black ink around edges. Cut a 3-1/2"x5-1/4" purple panel; black emboss Fright Night Pals. Sponge black ink around edges. Mat all stamped panels on blue cardstock, leaving 1/4" border. Cut a 6" purple square and a 5-1/2" blue square for inside mummy card; sponge black ink around blue edges and set aside.
- 2. Stamp six mummies onto white cardstock. Refer to Figs. 1-3 to cut images into layers. On middle layer of each mummy, add Diamond Glaze to eyes and let dry. On top layers, black emboss a spider; add thick dollop of Black Diamond glitter glue to spiders and let dry. Using photos as guides, assemble two mummies using foam tape. Apply a bit of brown chalk to mummy wrappings for dirt.
- 3. Silver emboss webs onto outside of each petal on petal card. Lilac emboss webs on 5-1/2" blue square (Step 1), box lid, lid insert and box sides; carefully roll stamp on curved sides of box. Silver emboss spiders on all pieces as shown; top each with thick dollop of Icicle glitter glue and let dry. Add second dollop of glitter glue to spiders for fuller bodies; let dry. Mat blue square on 6" purple square.
- 4. Punch four 2" circle tags from black cardstock. Lilac emboss Ghost and Goblin Treats words. Sponge silver ink around edges. Silver emboss Happy Fright Night words on black cardstock; trim. Apply dot of Icicle glitter glue to each end; let dry. Adhere to web background as shown.
- 1. Paint Hilda's hat blue and purple, with darker purple shadow around hat and under spiders. Paint hair and irises silver and eyeballs white. Paint spider's eyeballs white.
- 2. Paint cat's collar blue, eyes silver and skull tag white. Paint moon shades of yellow. Paint pumpkin orange, darker around embossed lines and lighter in center of each section. Paint leaves and vine green and stem brown.
- 3. Add blue, pink and purple chalks to all purple backgrounds using circular, "scrubbing" motion. Apply blue chalk to all lilac webs. Blow away excess.
- 1. Use Turquoise glitter glue to paint swirls over all purple backgrounds; let dry.
- 2. Apply Black Diamond glitter glue to all Spider on a String images and to cat; let dry.
- 3. Apply Diamond Glaze to moon, Hilda's eyes, spider bodies on Hilda's hat and to Spider on a String eyes; let dry.
- 1. Pierce hole in each corner of all panels; insert four brads. Using photos as guides, adhere panels to treat bags, box, sucker card and invitation.
- 2. Glue one layered mummy to center of invitation; sponge black ink onto background panel around edges of mummy. Glue second mummy to center of lid insert; add confetti to dome and glue insert in place. Place lid on box.
- 3. Tie ribbon through holes at top of each candy bag; adhere tag at bottom of panel with foam tape. Tie ribbon around petal card. Tie ribbon bow from each ribbon and glue to box lid above dome. Adhere tag to top of box near bow with foam tape.
- 4. Punch two holes close together through side of cat card and insert lollipop stick. Punch hole in top of remaining tag; tie to stick through holes with 1/8" ribbon.