Martha Stewart Crafts Fine Glitter (EK Success): Red; Peridot
Black seed beads (eyes), four
Silver crinkle wire
Black seed beads
Small bird’s nest
Floral wire: black; silver
Silver acrylic paint
Mod Podge Matte (Plaid)
Model Magic modeling compound (Crayola)
Black ink pad
Flower craft punch
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Cut papers to cover box. Follow manufacturer's instructions to découpage papers to box.
2. For birds, pinch off enough modeling compound to create two different sized birds. For each bird, roll modeling compound into ball, then shape into bird. Set aside to dry for 24 hours.
3. When dry, shape silver floral wire into arch over birds; bend and glue ends to box. Tie tulle around wire. Stamp "Christmas Wishes" on paper; trim to tag shape. Glue button to tag. Punch flowers from paper and glue to base of each side of arch.
4. Apply a coat of Mod Podge to each bird; sprinkle with glitter. Let dry. Hot glue seed bead eyes to faces. Cut wings from paper and hot glue to bodies. Glue tulle to wings if desired. For beak, cut 1/2" wire length and press onto face.
5. Paint nest silver. Hot glue nest to box and bird inside nest.