Candy Cane Christmas Wreath
Create this adorable candy cane wreath for your home holiday decorating. Xyron adhesives will make this project super fast and easy.
- Wrapped candy canes, 16
- Crate Paper Bundled Up Cardstock, Ephemera Pack
- May Arts red gingham plaid ribbon
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, Mega Runner, Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit by Xyron (1/4” High Tack Tape, Clear Hold Adhesive, Foam Squares), 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Sizzix Sidekick Machine with Sizzlits Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosette Decorative Strip Die
- Craft punches: EK Success Martha Stewart Crafts Doily Lace Edge Punch, Circle Punch
- scissors, scoring tool, score board
- 1. Cut two strips of striped paper measuring 2"x12".
- 2. Punch long one side of each strip with Doily Lace punch.
- 3. Using a score board, score both strips every 1/2". Accordion fold the strips.
- 4. Using Xyron's 1/4" High Tack Tape, apply adhesive strip to each ending tab and connect strips to form one long strip. With scalloped edge on outside, arc strip into circle rosette. Adhere rosette closed with Xyron 1/4" High Tack Tape.
- 5. Punch circle from decorative paper.
- 6. Using Xyron Mega Runner, cover back side with adhesive and attach to top of striped rosette.
- 7. Using Sidekick machine and Rosette dies, die cut a larger rosette from greetings paper and smaller rosette from red snowflake paper. Accordion fold rosettes. With scalloped edge on outside, arc strip into circle rosette. Adhere rosette closed with Xyron 1/4" High Tack Tape. Run finishing circles through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker and adhere to rosette fronts. Stack rosettes together; adhere using Xyron 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- 8. Adhere snowman die cut to top of rosette stack with two Xyron Teresa Collins Foam Squares.
- 9. Using three or four Xyron 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots, adhere candy canes together, back to back as shown. Tie ribbon around each candy cane set. Arrange in wreath circle.
- 10. Using Clear Hold Adhesive from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit, adhere rosette stack to center of candy cane wreath, let dry. Add ribbon hanger and enjoy.
- 1. Use Xyron 3/16" High Tack Adhesive Dots or a hot glue gun to hold the candy cane tips together.