Wish Big Card
Birthdays are a special occasion, be it your own or someone close to you. Celebrate a big birthday with big stripes, a big sentiment, and a big, beautiful die cut.
Wish Big Card
- Cardstock: Textured teal; Strathmore 110-pound Vellum; Michaels Recollections White, Light Purple, Dark Purple
- Scrap paper
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Die-Cutting System
- Cheery Lynn Designs Nautical Wheeler Doily Die
- Fiskars Seal of Approval Large Squeeze Punch
- Darice Multi-Purpose Heat Tool
- Sentiment stamp of choice
- Ink Pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Dusty Concord, Broken China; Tsukineko VersaMark
- Stampendous! White Embossing Powder
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares, spray adhesive
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, wax paper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Size is 4-1/4"x5-1/2".
- Wish Big Card
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" side-fold card from Vellum cardstock.
- 2. Cut slightly smaller Light Purple and Dark Purple cardstock panels; adhere to card front.
- 3. Cut slightly smaller White cardstock panel. Use scrap paper to mask off 1/2" section of panel; ink exposed strip Dusty Concord. Mask second 1/2" section to left of first; ink strip Broken China. Adhere panel to card.
- 4. On White cardstock scrap, repeat masking and inking. Let dry. Punch scalloped circle from inked cardstock. Stamp sentiment using VersaMark ink; heat emboss with white powder. Adhere circle to card with foam squares.
- 5. Die cut two doilies from teal cardstock. Determine placement of base doily on card as shown; trim as needed so doily fits on White cardstock panel. Working over wax paper, spray back of cut doily with adhesive; adhere outer decorative edge and doily center to card.
- 6. Trim, align, and adhere outer decorative edge of second doily over base doily using small sections of foam squares.
- 1. Save cut-out center section from second doily die cut to decorate another card.