Valentine Heart Streamers
Throwing a Valentine's Day party? Combine patterned paper and lace to create this fast, fun Valentine décor.
- Pink/red patterned Valentine-themed paper
- Wooden spring-type clothespins, seven
- White lace trim, 3-1/2 yds.
- Queen & Co. Red Baker’s Twine
- Sewing machine and white thread
- White spray paint
- EK Tools Zig 2-way Glue Pen
- scissors, ruler, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Sizes are 3"x4"-5"x7".
- 1. Cover work surface with newspaper. Spray paint clothespins white; let dry.
- 2. Hand-cut hearts in two different sizes, in two different red patterns and two different pink patterns. Cut enough hearts to string across door, window, or other desired location. (Note: To make patterns, first cut hearts from cardstock or recycled manila folder.)
- 3. Cut one paper heart in half and adhere halves to front of two different full-sized hearts of same color but different pattern using permanent hold; let dry.
- 4. Use temporary hold to adhere trim to back outside edge of one large heart. Adhere second heart of same size and pattern to back of first heart, hiding lace edge.
- 5. Sew straight stitch around front edges of heart, catching lace edge securely. Zig-zag stitch down center of heart.
- 6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 for remaining hearts.
- 7. Tie twine to clothespin and hang hearts as shown.
- 1. Use a die-cutting system to cut out the hearts; you'll make hearts faster and they'll all match up perfectly.