Ticket to My Heart Card
Ticket to My Heart Card
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Wild Cherry, Whip Cream
- Coordinating floral paper
- Red vintage buttons, two
- May Arts Cream Jute
- The Cat’s Pajamas Admit One Stamp Set
- Die-cutting system and dies: The Cat’s Pajamas Cut Ups Big Ticket; My Favorite Things Die-namics Layered Heart, Mix & Match Banner, Simply Scallops
- EK Tools Circle Punch, 1/2”
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Tsukineko Ink Pads: Memento Tuxedo Black, Lady Bug; VersaMagic Wheat
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; transparent tape; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/2”
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, anywhere hole punch
- 1. Make 4-3/4"x5" red top-fold card; set aside.
- 2. Cut 4-1/2" square of floral paper. Die cut one red scalloped border, trim to 4-1/2" long, and adhere beneath bottom edge of floral panel.
- 3. Cut 4-1/2"x3/8" red dot paper strip; adhere to top edge of floral block. Cut 4-1/2"x3-3/4" blue grid paper panel. Cut and adhere thin strip of red cardstock beneath bottom edge of blue grid panel. Adhere layered piece to center of panel, slightly overlapping bottom edge of red dot strip. Zig-zag stitch along top and bottom edges.
- 4. Cut 4-1/2"x2" floral paper strip and 4-1/2"x2-1/4" red cardstock strip; adhere layers together and to blue grid panel. Zig-zag stitch over top and bottom edges.
- 5. Die cut two pieces of Layered Heart from red cardstock. Adhere bottom layer of heart to layered paper panel. Adhere second heart layer using foam tape; place tape in center only.
- 6. Die cut ticket from cream cardstock; lightly sponge edges with Wheat ink. Using black ink, stamp ticket lines, barcode, and numbers of choice. Using red ink, stamp sentiment, row of stars, and two hearts.
- 7. Adhere ticket to die-cut heart using foam tape; place tape in center only.
- 8. Thread buttons with cream jute, leaving 1-1/2"-long ends. Use anywhere hole punch to punch holes through heart layers and papers at each scooped side of ticket. Thread jute through holes in panel; secure at back with transparent tape.
- 9. Die cut banner flag from red cardstock and blue grid paper; slightly trim blue layer so red will show behind it. Layer and stitch shapes to top left corner of panel.
- 10. Stamp "I love you" onto cream cardstock; punch into 1/2" circle. Lightly sponge edges Wheat, then ink edges Lady Bug. Punch 1/2" circle from red cardstock. Layer and adhere circles to banner flag.
- 11. Adhere assembled panel to card front.
- 1. The "big ticket" die is perfect for creating custom event tickets, coupon booklets, "good job" classroom awards, and more. Stamp numbers on ticket to indicate a birthday, holiday, or other special date.