Create a fun and simple way to display the beauty of nature with this pressed flower tea lantern.
- Clear self-adhesive vinyl paper, 9”x10”, two
- Assorted pressed flowers and greenery
- Craft foam, two colors of choice, 1”x10-1/2”, four (trim); 1”x9-1/4”, one (handle)
- Two brass paper fasteners
- Battery-operated candle or tea light
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch
- Thick craft glue
- 1. Remove paper backing from one piece of self-adhesive vinyl paper. Arrange pressed flowers as desired on sticky side. (Note: Do not place flowers within 1" from edges of self-adhesive vinyl paper.)
- 2. Remove paper backing from remaining piece of self-adhesive vinyl paper and press onto first piece, covering flowers with side edges overlapping 1".
- 3. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim one long side of each trim piece. See photo. Adhere one trim piece along one long edge of self-adhesive vinyl paper aligning edges. Repeat same for other end.
- 4. Form self-adhesive vinyl paper into a cylinder so trim pieces are on inside of cylinder; press together, overlapping edges of self-adhesive vinyl paper. Adhere remaining trim pieces onto outside of cylinder, sandwiching self-adhesive vinyl paper in between.
- 5. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim both long sides of handle. Use hole punch to make a hole in center of each short end of handle, 1/2" from edges. Use hole punch to punch two holes in center of one trim end, punching second hole directly opposite first. Use paper fasteners to secure handle to lantern.
- 6. Place lantern over battery-operated candle or tea light.