Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam White Block, 11-5/16”x3-7/8”x11-7/8”
- Chipboard letters, 2” tall: S, P, O, O, K, Y
- Halloween print scrapbook paper
- White cardstock, 8-1/2”x11”
- Toner Crafts Fun Wire, 22-gauge: Green, 12” length; Black, 24” length
- Wiggle eyes, 30mm, two
- Spider webs, small amount
- Black plastic spiders, 3”, two
- Photo of choice, 4”x5”
- Design Master COLORTOOL Purple Spray Color
- FloraCraft Design It: Foam Cutter, Wire Cutter
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Products: 5” Precision Tip Scissors, Metal Ruler
- Orange colored pencil
- Circle paper punch, 1-1/6” diameter
- Computer and printer
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; Elmer’s CraftBond Foam Mounting Tape and All Purpose Glue Stick
- copy paper, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface), cardboard box
- 1. Measure and mark 117/8" side of foam block into three equal sections, each approximately 3-7/8"x3-7/8". Use Foam Cutter to cut along marked lines. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray foam blocks on all sides with two coats of Purple. Let dry.
- 2. Select papers for "SPOOKY" letters. Turn over chipboard letters and place on wrong side of papers. Use pencil to trace each letter. Use small scissors to cut out and glue stick to adhere paper to chipboard letters. Position purple blocks on edges. Use three layers of foam mounting tape to attach letters on front of purple blocks using photo as guide. Hot glue wiggle eyes to bottom of "O" shapes. Pull lengths of spider webs and stretch across each block. Hot glue spiders as shown.
- 3. On computer, type child's name and year in open font (that allows filling in with color and size close to 3/4"-tall letters). Print on copy paper to check size; print again on white cardstock. Use small scissors to cut around name and year. Re-cut precisely 1/8" from edges.
- 4. Fill in letters and numbers with orange colored pencil. Use paper punch to make small hole at top center of name and year. (Note: For multiple children, simply add more names on wires.)
- 5. Use wire cutter to cut Black wire into two 12" lengths. Wrap each length around pencil to curl. Remove pencil and gently stretch wire. Repeat process to wrap and stretch Green wire. Referring to photo, insert each wire end into top of center block. Wrap end of Green wire into spiral; insert photo. Insert year and name onto Black wires, creating small curl on ends to hold.