Pot of Flowers Card
Pot of Flowers Card
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: White, Red, Yellow, Kraft
- Papers: red gingham, red/white mini dot, yellow gingham
- Electronic cutting system (svg or wpc format)
- The Cutting Café Templates: Flower Pot Shaped Card, Bow Tie and Ribbon
- Circle punches: 3/8”, 1/2”, 5/8”
- Pens: Sakura Gelly Roll White Gel Pen, EK Success ZIG Black Millennium Writer
- Clearsnap ColorBox Chestnut Roan Chalk Cat’s Eye Ink Pad
- Clearsnap Donna Salazar Fairy Dust Pralines & Cream Glitter
- Non-stick craft sheet
- Glitter tray
- Adhesives: paper glue, clear dots
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, craft knife and cutting mat, small paintbrush
- 1. Visit www.thecuttingcafe.typepad.com to download cutting files for a fee; card template includes digital sentiment stamp.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's instructions to cut card and pot rim from Kraft cardstock. Cut flower base layer from White cardstock. Cut flowers from assorted papers and cardstock as shown. Cut bow from red gingham paper; cut bow center from White cardstock. (Note: Card and components may also be cut using pdf patterns and a craft knife.)
- 3. Punch assorted-size circles for flower centers from White cardstock.
- 4. Fold card as indicated. Ink edges of card and pot rim with Chestnut Roan ink. Adhere pot rim to card front.
- 5. Ink edges of all remaining paper shapes, including flower centers, with Chestnut Roan ink. Add petal lines to all flowers, except red/white mini dot flowers, using black or white pens. Bend flower petals up towards center to create dimension.
- 6. Working on non-stick craft sheet, lightly brush paper glue over first flower center circle. Working over glitter tray, sprinkle wet glue with glitter and shake off excess. Let dry. Repeat for all flower centers. Adhere centers to flowers. Overlap and adhere flowers to card front.
- 7. Follow manufacturer's instructions to assemble bow; adhere to card.
- 8. Print sentiment stamp onto White cardstock. Trim sentiment to size and mat on red cardstock; adhere to card near bottom of pot.
- 9. Use black and white pens to add random dot borders to card as shown.
- 1. Instead of a card, use shapes to create a small dimensional wall art masterpiece. Frame for a quick-and-easy Mother's Day gift.