A foam ring, scrapbook paper, paper straws and lollipops are all you need to get started with this fun summer centerpiece! for
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
- FloraCraft Design It: Make It: Fun Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam White Beveled Ring, 10"
- Double-sided scrapbook papers, 4” squares, 12
- Paper straws, 8”, 12
- Lollipops with clear wrappers, 1-1/4” diameter, 12
- Design Master ColorTool Spray Color: Basil, Olive Bright
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Products: 9" Paper Trimmer, 12" Metal Ruler, 5" Scissors, Decorative Edge Scissors
- Glue gun and sticks
- pencil, 1/4" diameter dowel, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Use paper trimmer to cut twelve 4"x4" pieces of various scrapbooking papers. Use decorative-edge scissors to trim around edges, cutting off as little as possible. Lightly draw diagonal line corner-to-corner. Use small scissors to cut from corner to within 1/4" of center, creating eight corner points. Fold alternating corner points to center and secure using hot glue. Use glue gun to attach lollipop to center of each pinwheel. (Note: Sticks of lollipops will be inserted into straws.)
- 2. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, spray ring with two light coats of Basil. Let dry between coats. Lightly spray ring Olive Bright for "grass-like" look. Let dry.
- 3. To make holes in wreath, measure and mark wreath like clock at "3," "6," "9," and "12" positions. Make holes in remaining space, based on total number of holes needed for number of guests. Insert dowel at each mark about 1" deep.
- 4. Insert straws into holes, either straight up and down or at angle. Insert stick end of lollipop/pinwheels into ends of straws.
- 1. Make 1" mark on bottom of dowel to use as a depth guide when marking holes in ring.