DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bright Yellow, Carousel Pink, Foliage Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lemonade, Pink Chiffon, Poodleskirt Pink, Snow White
Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Series 7000 Round #4, Series 7400 Angular Shader 1/4”, Series 7500 Glaze/Wash 3/4”, Series 7050 Script Liner 18/0, Series 7300 Shader #4; Stencil Brush
Adhesives: Plaid Matte Mod Podge, Beacon Adhesives 527 Multi-Use Glue
scissors, pencil, palette, stylus, container of water, sandpaper, soft cloth, old credit card, newspaper (to cover work surface)
1. Basecoat frame and flower with sealer using glaze/wash brush. Lightly sand. Wipe dust. Remove backing and glass from frame; set aside.
2. Basecoat frame (front and back) Pink Chiffon using glaze/wash brush. Let dry. Using round, basecoat as follows: bird's beak Bright Yellow; outer edge of frame, edge of bird's body, and edge of flower center Carousel Pink; inside edge of frame Foliage Green. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Let dry.
3. Use Kaleidoscope stencil and Poodleskirt Pink to stencil design randomly on frame using stencil brush. Let dry.
4. Shade petals on flower Carousel Pink using mixture of paint and glazing medium on tip of angular shader. Let dry.
5. Trace bird on polka dot cardstock and flower center on plaid cardstock. Draw freehand wing on plaid cardstock. Cut out shapes.
6. Apply Mod Podge to paper bird shape and wooden bird shape; press paper shape on bird, smoothing edges using old credit card. Let dry. Repeat process to adhere paper flower center and wing onto wooden shapes.
7. Adhere bird on frame, flower center on flower, and flower on frame using glue. Let dry.
8. Using pencil, lightly freehand draw stem and leaves for flower on frame. Basecoat leaves Foliage Green using round. Paint stem Foliage Green using liner. Let dry. Apply second coat if needed. Shade bottom of leaves with mixture of Hauser Medium Green and glazing medium on tip of angular shader. Let dry. Using liner, paint veins on leaves Lemonade.
9. Paint checks on outside rim of frame Foliage Green using shader. Let dry. Use liner to paint lines in between green checks on outside rim of frame Snow White. Let dry. Use stylus to dot inside rim of frame Carousel Pink. Let dry.
10. Lightly spray frame with matte varnish. Let dry. Apply second coat. Let dry.
11. Adhere green crystal on bird for eye using glue. Let dry. Insert photo into frame; replace glass and backing.
1. Substitute paper scraps, recycled wrapping paper, or greeting cards for print cardstock.