Monkey ABC Canvas
Monkey ABC Canvas
- Canvas Corp. Natural Canvas, 5”x7”
- Cardstock: white, tan, brown, red
- My Mind’s Eye On the Sunny Side Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Light blue/white baker’s twine
- myStampBOX Stamp Sets: Holiday Monkey, Splash Me a Little
- Large acrylic block
- Ink Pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Broken China, Archival Jet Black; Clearsnap ColorBox Prussian Blue Chalk
- Sakura of America Gelly Roll Pink Gel Pen
- Adhesives: American Crafts This to That Foam Adhesive, 3M Scotch Brand ATG Runner, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber
- 1. Cut 5"x7" yellow dot paper panel. Cut two 5"x2" chevron paper strips; detail cut along chevrons on one long edge of each strip. Adhere borders to top and bottom of dot panel.
- 2. Sponge edges of background panel Prussian Blue; adhere to canvas.
- 3. Using photo as guide, adhere all alphabet stamps except "h" and "i" to a clear acrylic block; leave spaces on block where these letters would go. Stamp Jet Black image onto white cardstock.
- 4. Remove letter stamps from block and replace with "h" and "i"; stamp Broken China letters to complete alphabet image.
- 5. Trim alphabet panel, sponge edges Prussian Blue, and mat onto red flower panel. Adhere panel to upper left corner of canvas.
- 6. Using photo as guide, stamp Jet Black monkey onto brown and tan cardstock. Detail cut and paper piece image as shown; adhere to canvas, except hand on left. Color ears with Pink gel pen; let dry.
- 7. Hand-cut heart balloon shape from red cardstock; cut and adhere twine string to back of balloon. Adhere balloon to canvas with foam adhesive; secure end of balloon string around monkey's hand. Adhere hand to canvas.
- 1. Replace background paper with fabric scraps from a hand-sewn quilt for a coordinated gift set, or adapt the canvas design into a cute card. For softness, stamp and cut monkey from felt.