Howl-o-ween Photo Décor
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
size: 16" tall
Howl-o-ween Photo Décor
- Avatrex Craft Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11” sheets, three
- Elmer’s Black on Black Foam Board, 20”x30”x1/2”
- Copyright-free digital images: haunted house scene, jack-o’-lanterns, bats, etc.
- Crepe-textured handmade paper, 12”x12” sheets: white, two; yellow, one
- Copy paper
- Kraft shredded paper (bag filler)
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, 5” Precision Tip Scissors, Multi-Material Stainless Steel Scissors, Gripster Craft Knife, 12” Metal Ruler, 18”x14” Self Healing Mat
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; Elmer’s CraftBond Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive, All Purpose Glue Stick
- newspaper (to cover work surface), pencil, large cardboard box, toothpicks
- 1. On computer, size house to 8-1/2"x11", 11 jack-o'-lanterns to 1-1/2" tall, and two bats to 1" wide, leaving space around each image. Format 7"x1" title in spooky font. Test print onto copy paper.
- 2. Read instructions on Craft Attitude package. Print mirror image document onto Attitude sheets; let dry completely.
- 3. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area or large box, lightly spray glossy, printed side of house Attitude sheet with adhesive.
- 4. With assistant, hold opposite corners of sheet, flip over, and carefully position onto white textured paper. Press in place, smooth, and gently remove backing paper.
- 5. Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to adhere remaining images to white paper and text to yellow.
- 6. Trim paper even with house scene. Trim title to 7-1/2"x1-1/2". Detail cut remaining images.
- 7. Measure and cut following from foam board using craft knife: 9"x14" back, 12"x6" base, 10"x2-1/2" sign.
- 8. Using photo as guide, draw jagged border along top of foam board back and along both sides of sign. Cut edges with craft knife.
- 9. Place house on foam back, aligning bottom edges. Sketch and cut jagged top edge.
- 10. Adhere house and title to foam pieces using glue stick; let dry. Use glue gun to adhere toothpicks to back of cut-outs.
- 11. To assemble, use glue gun to adhere bottom edge of back piece to top of base piece, 1" from front edge. Position and adhere sign to base in front of house as shown. Plan placement of jack-o'-lanterns and cut small slits in foam board; insert toothpicks. Insert bats into top edge of back piece.
- 12. Spread shredded paper over base.
- 1. For a more personal display, print images of your own costumed kids or pets onto Attitude film.