Good Luck Card
Send good wishes with the help of a plucky, lucky pup! Create darling and dimensional custom accents in minutes using the Cricut Mini Cutting System and Cricut Craft Room Software.
Good Luck Card
- Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, True Black
- Authentique Paper Loyal Collection 6”x6” Paper Bundle
- Green adhesive gems
- Provo Craft Cricut Mini Cutting System and Cricut Craft Room Software
- Provo Craft Cricut Create a Critter 11 Single Image Digital Cutting File
- Stampin’ Up! So Happy For You Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Black ink pad
- Ranger Stickles Lime Green Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam squares
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, stapler and staples
- 1. Make 4"x6" Simply Chartreuse side-fold card.
- 2. Cut 3-1/2"x5-1/2" Spring Moss panel; adhere to card. Cut 1-1/2"x5-1/2" strip of argyle paper; adhere to left side of Spring Moss panel.
- 3. Following manufacturer's instructions, open Cricut Craft Room Software. Search for Create a Critter 11 image; purchase and download image for a small fee. (Note: Owners of Create a Critter Cartridge may link to digital images within Cricut Craft Room free of charge.)
- 4. Import puppy image, at default size, to virtual cutting mat. Click "Edit Group" and move separate layers of image (shadow, body, muzzle, collar) to separate areas of cutting mat. Position shadow layer and muzzle in one area and body in another.
- 5. If desired, copy/paste shadow layer and enlarge 1/8" to create larger shadow. Position larger shadow and collar in third area of cutting mat.
- 6. Using virtual mat as guide, cut Vintage Cream cardstock panel for body, Spring Moss panel for shadow/muzzle, and Simply Chartreuse panel for larger shadow/collar. Place cardstock panels on actual cutting mat, ensuring panels align with cutting grid on virtual mat.
- 7. Follow manufacturer's instructions to cut shapes from cardstock. Remove shapes and cardstock panels from cutting mat. Flip shapes over to reverse direction, if desired.
- 8. Back facial features on body layer with scrap of True Black cardstock. Adhere muzzle to body; adhere body to same-size shadow. Adhere collar and gems to puppy as shown. Adhere completed puppy to larger shadow using foam squares.
- 9. Mat puppy element onto argyle paper square. Mat paper on white cardstock cut to resemble Polaroid picture; ink cardstock edges black. Adhere "picture" to card on angle.
- 10. Place sentiment and shamrock together onto acrylic block. Stamp black sentiment/shamrock onto Spring Moss cardstock. Trim into tag shape; tear edge beyond sentiment. Ink edges black; let dry. Staple tag to card as shown. Place foam square under opposite end of tag to add dimension. Highlight shamrock with glitter glue; let dry.
- 1. The Cricut Craft Room Software enables users to resize, flip, and layer images on a virtual cutting screen before actually cutting paper, saving effort and expense.