Garden Gate Note Card Set
size: card holder, 6-1/4"x4-1/2"x2-1/4"
- Papertrey Ink Cardstock: Stamper’s Select White, Simply Chartreuse
- Canson Cold Press 140-pound Watercolor Paper
- Die Cuts With A View Brights Solid Box of Cards (40 Count)
- White painted wooden fence pieces with flat base, 6-1/4” long, two
- Garden twine or jute
- Flourishes Clear Stamp Sets: From the Garden; Seeds of Friendship; A Year of Flowers 1, 2, and 3
- Hero Arts Newspaper Background Wood-Mounted Stamp
- Large acrylic block
- Ink Pads: Clearsnap Ancient Page Coal Black, Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen, other colors to coordinate with blank cards as desired
- Judikins Eclipse Masking Tape (or large sticky notes)
- Lyra Aquacolor Watercolor Crayons, assorted colors
- EK Success Water Brush
- Therm O Web Adhesives: XL Permanent Tape Runner, 1/2” Sticky Lines, 1/4” SuperTape
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, hole punch, paper towels, sponge dauber
- Card Holder
- 1. Adhere fence pieces together along edges of base piece using Sticky Lines, which works like hot glue without mess.
- 2. Cut Simply Chartreuse cardstock to fit inside and outside of area where pieces meet and adhere with SuperTape. Cardstock gives finished look and acts as reinforcement.
- 3. Stamp watering can image onto watercolor paper using Coal Black waterproof ink. Stamp second image onto Eclipse Tape (or adhesive-backed portion of sticky note), detail cut, and adhere over original image to create mask.
- 4. Stamp newspaper text over masked image using Antique Linen ink. Remove mask and color image using watercolor crayons and water brush.
- 5. Stamp sentiment using Onyx Black ink, trim, and sponge edges with Antique Linen. Mat with Simply Chartreuse cardstock, punch hole in upper left corner, and tie to fence using garden twine.
- 1. Stamp seed packet image and text onto watercolor paper using Coal Black waterproof ink.
- 2. Cover bottom and right borders of packet with Eclipse Tape and stamp flower image into bottom right corner as shown.
- 3. Color background light blue and flowers as desired. Color border and circle text image using coordinating colors. Let dry. Stamp name of flower in bottom left corner using Onyx Black ink.
- 4. Choose ink color that coordinates with flowers and stamp "Grown with Love" in banner area.
- 5. Trim image, leaving thin white border. Stamp blank card front repeatedly with Onyx Black newsprint background. Adhere seed packet image.
- 6. Repeat for eleven remaining cards, using different flower image for each month of year.
- 1. Each of the twelve note cards in the set is essentially the same design; only the color of the card base, ink used to stamp banner, flower image, and corresponding name are changed. Use garden catalogs or online searches to find images of each flower to use as a guideline for coloring.