Blooming Dies & Butterflies Canvas
Use Spellbinders multi-faceted dies to craft custom, garden-inspired wall art that blooms with amazing texture and subtle metallic shimmer.
- Canvas Corp. Canvas Home Basics Design Stretched Burlap Canvas, 10”x10”
- Cardstock: brown, cream, black solid; cream, blue patterned metallic
- Patterned papers: blue, cream, burgundy, green
- May Arts Burlap: Tan Twine, Green Twine, Green Ribbon
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Celtic Motifs (S5-163), Les Papillions (S4-371), Botanical Swirls and Accents (S5-146)
- Ranger Liquid Pearls Gold Pearl Dimensional Paint
- Antique brown ink pad
- Blue mica flakes
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L 3-D Foam Squares
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, cosmetic wedge sponge
- 1. With Celtic Motifs #2 centered inside #3, die cut/emboss four shapes from assorted papers and metallic cardstock. Before removing die template from each piece, sponge ink through openings to stencil design. Cut three motifs in half. (Note: Set aside extra pieces for future project or coordinating card design.)
- 2. Die cut/emboss Celtic Motifs #3 from cardstock, one black, one cream, and two brown. Cut cream and brown motifs in half.
- 3. Die cut/emboss Botanical Swirls and Accents leaves and brackets, three or four each, from green paper.
- 4. Die cut/emboss Les Papillions #1 and #2 butterflies from burgundy papers; stencil ink through template openings.
- 5. Using foam squares, assemble and adhere die-cut motifs to create four flowers as shown.
- 6. Create flower centers from coiled tan twine using Fabri-Tac adhesive; let dry.
- 7. Using photo as guide, cut and adhere green twine lengths to canvas for flower stems and grass. Adhere leaves and brackets as shown. Adhere flowers to tops of stems. Let dry.
- 8. Cut and adhere green burlap ribbon across bottom of canvas, clipping edges to wrap corners. Let dry.
- 9. Use gold paint to dot base flowers through openings in upper flowers, creating dot border around outer edge of each flower.
- 10. Adhere butterfly bodies to two flowers using foam squares, leaving wings free. Highlight bodies and wings with gold paint; let dry.
- 11. Adhere mica flakes to top of canvas for sky; let dry.
- 1. Look for the Spellbinders Celtic Motifs sister set, Celtic Accents, to expand your design options with an intricate knot border, tags, and additional design elements.