A Garden Grows Card
A Garden Grows Card
- My Favorite Things Steel Grey Cardstock
- My Mind’s Eye Indie Chic Saffron Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- My Mind’s Eye Steel Grey Ribbon
- Pewter brads
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Polka Dot Greetings, Medium Leafy Flourish, Simply Scallops Border
- My Favorite Things Stamp Sets: Clearly Sentimental About Grandparents, Inspired by Flowers
- Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/2”
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, paper piercer and mat
- 1. Make 5"x5" Steel Grey top-fold card.
- 2. Cut 4-3/4"x4-1/2" floral paper panel. Die cut Simply Scallops Border from Steel Grey cardstock; trim to 4-3/4" long. Adhere border strip beneath bottom long edge of floral panel. Using paper piercer, poke holes for brads between each scallop; insert brads.
- 3. Cut 3-3/4"x2-3/4" grey paper panel; mat onto Steel Grey cardstock. Adhere panel to top portion of floral panel.
- 4. Cut 4-3/4"x1-1/4" pink paper strip; mat onto Steel Grey cardstock. Adhere strip across bottom of floral block, overlapping bottom edge of grey panel.
- 5. Die cut two Polka Dot Greetings label shapes from Steel Grey cardstock and one label shape from light grey paper. Die cut small strip of floral paper to fit bottom of light grey label; adhere to label. Stamp sentiment onto light grey label as shown.
- 6. Layer light grey label over two Steel Grey labels so that darker edges appear at top and bottom edges of lighter label. Adhere labels to grey paper panel using foam tape.
- 7. Tie ribbon into bow around pink paper strip.
- 8. Die cut Medium Leafy Flourish from Steel Grey cardstock. Insert behind bow; apply small amount of adhesive to secure shape if needed.
- 9. Adhere completed floral panel to card front using foam tape.
- 1. To add extra "wow" to die-cut shapes, embellish with die-cut and trimmed patterned paper pieces like the floral strip at the bottom of the sentiment label shown here.