Lilac tissue paper, two complementary shades, 15-20 sheets
Jeweled pearl button, 1”
Creative Impressions Pastel Rounds Paper Fasteners
Ribbon: Hobby Lobby The Ribbon Boutique Lime Grosgrain, 7/8”-wide; American Crafts Premium Fern Satin, 1-1/2”-wide
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Grand Nestabilities Grand Dahlia Dies
Glue gun and sticks
scissors, ruler, pencil, paper piercer and mat, transparent tape
1. Smooth and layer tissue paper sheets into one stack, randomly varying colors. Cut four 8"x8" squares from tissue stack.
2. Die cut Grand Dahlia shapes #1 through #4, cutting one shape from each 8"x8" tissue stack.
3. Pierce center of each layered dahlia with paper piercer; insert lilac brad. Separate tissue layers of each dahlia and twist gently around brad to offset petals slightly. Fluff and crumple layers to add dimension.
4. Using glue gun, adhere four dahlias together to create large blossom; adhere pearl button to center.
5. Layer and wrap ribbons around package, taping ends at back. Using glue gun, adhere dahlia to ribbon.
1. Die cut flower layers from white tissue, patterned tissue, or vintage sewing patterns for different looks.