size: 10" tall
- Recycled oatmeal canister
- Cardstock or construction paper: white, red, black, orange, pink, purple, green, dk. brown
- Sand paper (or tan cardstock)
- Brown plastic canvas sheet
- Gold paper fasteners, two
- Green chenille stem, 12” length
- Cardboard, scrap
- Paper punches: small flower, leaf
- Hammer and nail
- Hole punch
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- 1. Measure and cut white paper rectangle to fit around canister. For door, measure and cut 1-1/4"x2-1/2" red paper rectangle. Glue door on bottom of white rectangle.
- 2. Use hole punch to punch hole on door (for doorknob). Insert gold paper fastener through hole; bend ends on back.
- 3. For window, measure and cut 1-1/4" black paper square. Cut 1" white paper square. Cut white paper square into four equal sections (window panes). Glue window panes on black paper square. Glue window above door.
- 4. Glue white rectangle around canister.
- 5. For roof, measure and cut 2"-wide sand paper strip (or tan paper strip). Fringe strip with 1"-long slits, 1/2" apart, along one edge. Bend fringe upward (for roof shingles). Glue roof around top of canister. Repeat process creating second roof strip. Glue strip, overlapping roof, around canister.
- 6. Cut two 3/8"x11" cardboard strips. Cut two 3/8"x11" brown paper strips. Glue brown paper strips on cardboard strips. Use hammer and nail to make hole in center of cardboard strips. Glue strips together in center, forming "x".
- 7. For blades, cut four 1-1/4"x4-1/2" plastic canvas strips. Glue blades symmetrically along cardboard strips. Let dry.
- 8. Use hole punch to punch hole above window on canister. Insert paper fastener through cardboard strips and then through hole; bend ends on inside.
- 9. For flowers and leaves, use paper punches to punch designs from paper colors of choice. For stems, cut 2" green chenille stem lengths. Glue flowers and leaves on chenille stem ends. Glue flowers on both sides of door.
- 1. Adults, help kids when using hammer and nail.