Pattern - Chick Nesting Box
- 1. Cut plastic from opening on box. On covered work surface, use paintbrush or sponge scrap to paint box white. Let dry. Paint box ivory. Let dry.
- 2. Glue four wooden spoons, two craft sticks, and two popsicle sticks on front of box. See photo for placement. Continue gluing popsicle sticks on sides of box creating "crate" look. Let dry.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer pattern three times onto white cardstock or heavy-duty paper. Have kids use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to color chickens. Cut out chickens, leaving extra space at base of chickens.
- 4. Use black marker to add details on box.
- 5. For "hay," cut yellow construction paper into strips. Add hay inside box.
- 6. Bend extra space on bottom of chickens. Glue bent area under wooden items on top of box. Let dry.