“A Special Father” Frame
“A Special Father” Frame
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Very Vanilla
- STAEDTLER FIMOair Clay: Natural in Mustard Flower, Erica; Microwave in Terracotta, White
- Silhouette Cameo Cutting System
- SVG Cuts Santa’s Helpful Elves Template
- STAEDTLER FIMO Sea Creatures Push Mold
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks
- Scallop border punch
- Stamp positioner
- Water-barrel brush
- Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp Sets: Anchor, Father’s Day, The Mighty Sea, The Sea, Wood Background
- Ink Pads: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs, Archival Jet Black; Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip
- STAEDTLER Color Mediums: Karat Watercolor Crayons, Karat Aquarell Watercolor Pencils, Karat Oil Pastels
- Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
- Ranger Stickles Star Dust Dry Glitter
- Ranger Black Detail Embossing Powder
- STAEDTLER FIMO Gloss Varnish
- Adhesives: Scor-Pal Scor-Tape, foam dots
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, stamp cleaner, heat tool, sponge dauber, paintbrush
- 1. Visit www.svgcuts.com to download template set for small fee; enter template name in search box. Follow manufacturer's tips and watch online tutorial before beginning project.
- 2. Using Silhouette Designer Studio software, open shadowbox frame from set. Resize template pieces per directions, then resize again at 75%, removing score marks from side panels before cutting.
- 3. Cut Panel, Sides/Inside, and Front pieces from brown cardstock; cut Front Accent piece from black.
- 4. Fold inside pieces on score marks; score side pieces using Scor-Pal. Assemble frame using tape. Use ink blending tool to sponge frame edges Gathered Twigs.
- 5. Stamp Chocolate Chip wood background onto panel pieces; sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Adhere to frame as shown. Adhere black accent piece using tape.
- 6. Stamp Jet Black sea image from The Mighty Sea set onto cream cardstock. Heat emboss with black powder. Trim image as shown.
- 7. To color image, use water-barrel brush and Karat Watercolor Crayons. Highlight image with Karat Watercolor Pencils.
- 8. To create clouds, border punch one edge of small cardstock scrap. Scribble Karat Blue Oil Pastel onto scrap paper. Place scalloped edge onto stamped panel; lightly sponge blue pastel along small section of scalloped edge. Reposition scallops and sponge again; repeat until pleased with cloud effect.
- 9. Using stamp positioner, stamp Jet Black sentiment from The Sea set onto image panel. Sponge panel edges Gathered Twigs, mat on black cardstock, and adhere to frame.
- 10. Cut small piece of netting; adhere to frame with small pieces of tape.
- 11. Press clay into molds to create three shells; mix White clay with other colors to create marbled effect, if desired. Push clay out of mold; follow directions to dry pieces. Once clay is dry, apply varnish and sprinkle with glitter; let dry.
- 12. Stamp Jet Black sentiment from Father's Day set onto cream cardstock. Ink anchor image Gathered Twigs; stamp off onto scrap paper, then stamp over sentiment. Trim sentiment as shown; sponge edges Gathered Twigs. Mat sentiment on black cardstock; adhere to frame with foam dots.
- 13. Adhere clay shells to frame with small pieces of tape.
- 1. Don't own a compatible cutting system? Embellish a traditional wooden frame instead.