Travels Down Under Accordion Book
size: 4"x6-1/2" (closed), 24"x6-1/2" (open)
- Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Simply Chartreuse Cardstock
- Me & My BIG Ideas mambiSHEETS Chalkboard Paper Pad (PADX-266)
- Me & My BIG Ideas Stickers: Soft Spoken Trip of a Lifetime, Soft Spoken I Love You Mom, mambiSTICKS Follow Your Heart (STP-135), Icons Rhinestones
- Shipping tags
- Corner rounder punch
- Gel pens: white, black
- Therm O Web Adhesives: Tape Runner XL, SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, 3-D Foam Squares, SuperTape
- paper trimmer, scoring tool, detail scissors, ruler, pencil
- 1. Cut two 8-1/2"x6-1/2" cardstock panels; score both at 4" and 8" from one short end. Do not fold.
- 2. Cut one 6-1/2"x8" cardstock panel; score at 4" from one short end. Do not fold.
- 3. Using double-sided tape, adhere ends of panel cut in Step 2 over 1/2" tabs at ends of panels cut in Step 1. Fold assembled strip accordion fashion so that first fold in book is valley (facing away from you) and second fold is mountain (coming toward you). Continue until entire book is folded.
- 4. Cover first two book pages with chalkboard paper, leaving narrow cardstock border; see Photo 1. Adhere stickers, rhinestones, and photo to pages. Cut elements from chalkboard papers in pad to create additional embellishments. (Note: Word "Adventure" along left edge of first page was cut from another paper in pad.) To add dimension, adhere some elements with foam squares.
- 5. Cover third book page with chevron paper; see Photo 2. To create pocket, cut approximately 2-3/4"x6-1/4" section from chalkboard paper and mat on cardstock to create 3"x6-1/2" panel. Apply double-sided tape to back of panel along top, bottom, and left edges. Adhere pocket to book page. Adhere rhinestones to top of pocket.
- 6. For fourth book page, cut chalkboard paper to size, round corners, and adhere to page. Embellish page with stickers, rhinestones, and photos as shown. Add decorative details to page using gel pens.
- 7. Cover fifth book page with polka-dot paper; see Photo 3. Embellish page with stickers, again using foam squares, if desired, to add dimension.
- 8. Cover sixth book page with Photo Opp paper and photo; add date.
- 9. Add journaling to pages and tags as desired; tuck tags into pocket page.
- 1. Cut out interesting details from patterned paper to use as embellishments on your project. It's a great way to get the most value from your paper and is less expensive than pre-made embellishments.