Spring/Summer Card Collection
Penny Black Inc.
Another 365 Trip Card
Where There Is Love Card
Thank You Card
- Cardstock (Bazzill Basics): Bluebell; Candlelight; Festive; Bubble Blue
- Watercolor paper (Canson)
- Vellum (WorldWin Papers)
- Yellow checked ribbon (American Crafts)
- Brads, four each: Blue Jean (Doodlebug Design Inc.); Pearl (Lasting Impressions)
- VersaFine Onyx Black ink pad (Tsukineko)
- Clear embossing powder (Tsukineko)
- Tombow markers (Tombow Pen & Pencil): 055; 133; 173; 195; 491; 528; 553; 856; 985
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Crystal; Fruit Punch; Lime Green; Turquoise; Waterfall; Yellow
- Interference Watercolor Palette (US ArtQuest)
- Inkssentials Cut ‘N Dry Blending Foam (Ranger)
- Tools: paintbrush; heat tool; paper piercer and mat; sewing needle and heavy-duty beige thread
- Optional: Stamp positioner
- ANOTHER 365 TRIP CARD:
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Sun Days (3951J); 365 Days (3944H)
- Adirondack Peach Bellini dye ink pad (Ranger)
- WHERE THERE IS LOVE CARD:
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Fireworks (3948K); Life (3940F)
- Ink pads: Adirondack Peach Bellini and Lemonade dye (Ranger); VersaColor White pigment (Tsukineko)
- THANK YOU CARD:
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Fanfare (3946K); Gracias, Merci (3935K); Simplicity (3979H)
- Ink pads: Adirondack Lemonade dye (Ranger); VersaColor White pigment (Tsukineko)
- CONGRATULATIONS CARD:
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Wow (3934H); Day-Dreams (3947K); Thinking of You set (30-023); Fresh New Day set (30-010)
- Ultramarine StazOn ink pad (Tsukineko)
- 1. Make 4-1/4"x5-1/2" Bluebell card base.
- 2. "Age" cardstock as indicated by rubbing small amounts of ink onto edges with blending foam.
- 3. Stamp black images/sentiments onto watercolor paper; heat emboss with clear powder. Color flowers with markers; blend with damp paintbrush. Apply watercolors to flowers; let dry.
- 4. Assemble card as indicated. Accent images with assorted glitter glues; let dry.
- Another 365 Trip
- 1. Cut following paper pieces: 3-1/8"x4-3/8" watercolor; 3-1/4"x4-1/2" Bluebell; 3-3/4"x5" Festive; 3-7/8"x5-1/8" Candlelight.
- 2. Age Festive edges Peach Bellini; age 2" ribbon length with same ink. Mat Festive on Candlelight; adhere folded ribbon to back. Set aside.
- 3. See General Step 3. Mat stamped panel on Bluebell and adhere to layered mats. Pierce holes in corners; insert blue brads. Adhere to card.
- Where There is Love
- 1. Cut following paper pieces: 2-1/2"x4" watercolor; 2-5/8"x4-1/8" Bluebell; 4-1/8"x5-3/8" Festive; 2-3/4"x4-1/4" Candlelight; vellum, 2"x5-1/2".
- 2. Age Festive edges Peach Bellini. Tear long vellum edges, reducing width to 1-1/2". Stamp white flowers and heat set. Adhere vellum to Festive piece; trim excess length. Pierce border around Festive piece. Sew vellum to border though holes. Adhere Festive panel to card.
- 3. See General Step 3.
- 4. Cut 3"x4-1/2" cardstock scrap; use ruler and craft knife to cut 1/2"x2" rectangular "window" from center. Temporarily adhere window over quote. Blend Lemonade ink into opening in circular motion. Remove mask.
- 5. Mat stamped panel on Bluebell and Candlelight panels; adhere to card.
- Thank You
- 1. Cut following paper pieces: 3-3/8"x3-3/4" watercolor; 3-1/2"x3-7/8" Festive; 1/2"x4-1/4" Festive; 3-5/8"x4" Candlelight.
- 2. Stamp white leaves from Simplicity stamp repeatedly over front of card, re-inking after each impression. Set aside.
- 3. Stamp black flowers on watercolor paper; heat emboss with clear powder. See "Where There is Love" Step 4 to create 3"x3-1/4" reverse mask "window." Place window over flowers and ink opening Lemonade; concentrate ink around edges, fading in center to create soft glow. Remove mask.
- 4. See General Step 3 to color flowers.
- 5. Mat stamped panel on Festive and Candlelight panels; adhere to card, leaving room at bottom for banner.
- 6. Stamp black "thank you" sentiment on watercolor scrap; heat emboss. Trim to 1/4"x4-1/4" and mat on Festive strip; adhere to card.
- 1. Cut following paper pieces: 2-3/8"x3-7/8" watercolor; 2-5/8"x4-1/8" Festive; 2-1/2"x4" Candlelight; 4"x5-1/4" Bubble Blue.
- 2. Stamp Ultramarine border across top and bottom of Bubble Blue panel, re-inking after each impression. Pierce holes and insert pearl brads; adhere to card.
- 3. See General Step 3. Mat stamped panel on Candlelight and Festive panels.
- 4. Stamp black "congratulations" from Wow stamp on watercolor scrap; heat emboss. Trim and apply blue watercolor to image; let dry. Adhere sentiment across flower stems. Pierce small hole on each side of sentiment through all layers. Sew thread through holes and tie at front; trim ends. Adhere to card.