Patriotic Star Box and Celebrate Card
sizes: card, 5"x5"; box, 8" across
Patriotic Celebrate Card
Patriotic Star Box
- Paper mâché star box, 8” across
- Cardstock (Stampin’ Up!): Ruby Red; Very Vanilla
- Double-sided patriotic patterned: stripes; stars; polka dots
- Down Home Collection Apple Pie Kit (Prima Marketing)
- Chipboard flourish (Bazzill Basics)
- Brads: silver; antique copper
- Red sequins
- Chelsea clear stamp set (Inkadinkado)
- Ink pads: Ruby Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (Stampin’ Up!); Jet Black StazOn (Tsukineko)
- Scrapbook Colors Copper paint (Making Memories)
- Sponge dauber
- Corner rounder punch
- Needle tool
- Foam adhesive dots
- 1. Make cream card base; round corners. Cut 5" red cardstock square, round corners and adhere to card front. Adhere burlap ribbon across card front; trim excess.
- 2. Cut 3" cream cardstock square; round corners. Adhere denim ribbon; trim excess. Stamp black sentiment at bottom right. Layer three flowers and secure with silver brad; adhere. Adhere square to center of card with foam dots.
- 3. Sponge chipboard frame edges with red ink; adhere to card. Glue sequins around frame.
- 1. Cover outside of box with star paper. Cover top of lid with red paper; sponge Copper paint along edges and let dry. Paint chipboard flourish Copper; let dry.
- 2. Cut and adhere strip of striped paper to fit lid. Use needle tool to poke hole in each star point; insert copper brads. Glue lace trim around lid edge.
- 3. Cut polka dot paper circle and glue to lid. Glue chipboard flourish to left side of circle. Cut and glue burlap ribbon strip to lid as shown. Layer three flowers and secure with copper brad; adhere to circle.