Party Set - 4th of July
Penny Black Inc.
size: card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"
- Cardstock (Bazzill Basics): Red Devil; Sparrow; Admiral; White
- Yellow Sparkle paper (Die Cuts With a View)
- Crystal gems (Mark Richards)
- Cardboard tube
- Wooden discs to fit inside cardboard tube, two
- Black wire
- Red seam binding tape
- Stamps (Penny Black Inc.): Scroll Script; Salutations; Kate Lowercase Text and Uppercase Brushstroke Alphabets; Sunburst; Oval Touch; Giving and Receiving
- Ink pads: VersaFine Onyx Black, VersaMark watermark (Tsukineko); Adirondack Red Pepper, Denim (Ranger); Tim Holtz Red Pepper Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Ranger); any light-colored ink
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers (Ranger): Red Pepper; Denim
- Embossing powder: clear; red tinsel
- Markers: Tombow Ultramarine marker 555 (Tombow Pen & Pencil); Red Sharpie (Sanford)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Crystal; Christmas Red
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents (Ranger)
- Craft punches: Small, Medium Folk Art Star (EK Success); Ribbon Punch Kit (Making Memories)
- Tools: heat tool; paintbrush; wire cutters; drill with small bit
- Adhesives: Terrifi cally Tacky Tape (ProvoCraft); foam dots
- Celebrate Card
- 1. Make red card base. Stamp watermark scrolls along outside edges and heat emboss with clear powder.
- 2. Cut 3-1/4"x4-1/2" white cardstock; stamp Denim and Red Pepper sunbursts across top. Dot with blue marker.
- 3. Color a few gems with alcohol ink and adhere to blue sunbursts. Adhere plain gems to red sunbursts. Accent starbursts with glitter glue; let dry.
- 4. Cut thin strip of white cardstock; stamp Denim dots across length of strip, leaving space between for Red Pepper dots. Mat strip on deep blue cardstock and adhere to stamped panel; trim excess. Mat stamped panel on deep blue and light blue cardstock; adhere to card.
- 5. Stamp watermark oval on red cardstock and heat emboss with clear powder. Trim image. Stamp oval again on white cardstock using pale ink. Cut out interior oval and stamp black sentiment on reverse side. Layer ovals and adhere to card with foam dots.
- Firecracker Favor
- 1. Cut deep blue cardstock to fit tube, allowing extra length to overlap. Stamp long edges with watermark scroll and heat emboss with clear powder. Adhere paper to tube using double-side tape.
- 2. Using photo as guide, cut red and white cardstock strips to wrap tube. Stamp watermark sunbursts on red; emboss with red tinsel powder. Stamp dots along white edges in same way as Card Step 4. Layer and adhere strips around tube. Accent white edges using Crystal glitter glue; let dry.
- 3. Paint wooden discs with Denim paint; let dry. Glue one circle into bottom of tube for base. Drill tiny hole in second circle large enough to hold three wire lengths.
- 4. Cut three wire lengths and twist one end together; thread through hole in disc. Twist wire beneath disc to secure. Punch two small and one medium star from glitter paper. Turn paper over and punch same shapes. Adhere stars to wire ends in pairs using Glossy Accents.
- 5. Adhere strip of red seam binding tape over seam on tube.
- Place Card
- 1. Cut small deep blue cardstock piece and fold to make tent card. Punch two half-circle ribbon slits in card. Color two gems with red marker; adhere to tabs.
- 2. Cut smaller white cardstock piece to fit card between tabs and mat on red. Stamp red border and black name as shown. Accent white border with Crystal glitter glue; let dry. Insert card in tabs.