Happy Harvest Centerpiece
If you love watching the colorful autumn leaves drift gently to the ground, get ready for the change of season with an easy, new fall centerpiece.
- Large foam pumpkin
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection 12”x12” Paper Pack
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection Doodle Seals Cardstock Stickers
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection Doodads Pins
- Bamboo skewers, six
- Brown/white dotted grosgrain ribbon, 1”-wide
- Brown fabric strip, 1”-wide
- Xyron *NEW* 3” Sticker Maker
- Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape
- Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- EK Success Punches: Circle, 1-1/2”; Scallop Circle, 2”
- Scallop-edge scissors
- 1. Size is 20" tall.
- Happy Harvest Centerpiece
- 1. Punch one scallop circle and two circles for each of the seven rosettes ("lollies") from various patterned papers.
- 2. For each lolly, use scallop-edge scissors to cut two 2"x12" strips from a single patterned paper. (Note: You will need a total of 14 strips for seven lollies; cut strips for each lolly from a different paper.)
- 3. Accordion-fold strips along "valleys" naturally created by scallops.
- 4. For each lolly, adhere two matching accordion-folded strips to one another along 2" edge with Xyron 1/2" Double-Sided High Tack Tape. Bring ends together to form a circle and connect them using Xyron 1/2" Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
- 5. Gather and gently press accordion-folded circle flat to create lolly. Adhere lolly with three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots to center of one punched circle for back of lolly. Adhere scallop circle to center front of lolly using three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots. Using Xyron 1/2" High Tack Tape, adhere remaining circle to center of scallop circle. Repeat to create six more lollies.
- 6. Adhere Doodads pins to centers of six lolly fronts using three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots. Embellish front of seventh lolly with turkey sticker; set lolly aside.
- 7. On back side of six remaining lollies, use three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots to adhere blunt end of bamboo skewer to center of circle. Punch six additional circles from patterned papers and run through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker; cover skewer on lolly back with sticker.
- 8. Tie length of ribbon in knot around each bamboo skewer.
- 9. Randomly poke pointed ends of bamboo skewers into foam pumpkin top as shown in photo.
- 10. Run 1" fabric strip through Xyron 3" Sticker Maker and wrap around center of pumpkin.
- 11. Use extra fabric to make bow; adhere over fabric strip at center front of pumpkin using three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- 12. Adhere turkey lolly to top of bow using three Xyron 3/8" High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- 1. You may also use the Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape to adhere fabric to the pumpkin for a strong hold.