Garden Whimsy Bench
size: 16" tall
Garden Whimsy Bench
- Hobby Lobby Wooden Bench, 5-1/2" long
- Cardstock: red, brown, black, white
- Jillibean Soup Papers: Lentil Soup Collection Toasted Cumin; Soup Staples Collection Light Blue Sugar; Monster Stew Collection Bunch of Monsters; Pasta Fagioli Collection Italian Seasoning and Meatball Soup
- Craft wire: white, 18-gauge; black, 10-gauge; green floral wire
- Creative Charms Blue Gradient Gems
- Red buttons
- Yellow ribbon
- Craft punches: 1/2" circle, small flower
- Black acrylic paint
- Black ink pad
- Adhesives: glue gun, paper adhesive, clear dots
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, newspapers, sandpaper, paintbrush, paper towels, wire cutters, round-nose pliers, sponge dauber
- 1. Sand wooden bench as needed; wipe dust with damp paper towel.
- 2. Paint bench black; let dry. Apply second coat of paint; let dry.
- 3. Measuring each section of the bench as you go, cut red cardstock to cover seat. Cut assorted papers to cover upright pickets; sponge paper edges with black ink. Punch 1/2" polka dots from white cardstock for seat. Adhere paper pieces to bench with paper adhesive.
- 4. Detail cut two monsters from Bunch of Monsters paper, cutting off arms and legs. Cut black wire arms and legs; hot glue to back of monster. Use pliers to bend wires so monsters will sit on bench. Hot glue monsters to bench.
- 5. Cut small kite shape from black cardstock. Cut four triangle sections from papers as shown; adhere to kite with paper adhesive. Cut length of white wire for kite string and hot glue one end to back of kite. Wrap opposite wire end around one monster's hand; tie short ribbon lengths to wire. Hot glue string to side of bench to secure.
- 6. Cut freehand tree trunk from brown cardstock; trunk should be slightly taller than bench. Cut treetop from paper. Adhere pieces together with paper adhesive; hot glue tree to back of bench, making sure both are level. Adhere buttons to treetop with clear dots.
- 7. Punch three flowers from yellow paper; adhere blue gems to centers. Cut green wire stems and hot glue one end to back of each flower. Bundle flowers together and glue base of stems to leg of bench.
- 1. Create a coordinating card if giving the bench as a gift. Use the same wire arms and legs for the monster on your card to add unexpected texture.