Flowers & Frogs Magnet Board
MAGPANELS magnet boards and Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks from Ranger are a winning combination. So many color combinations, so many possibilities! We went with rich fall shades and incorporated lots of dots and spots to match the flower stamens and the patterns on the frogs, but you can take this project in any direction you choose.
- MAGPANELS Large Magpanel Horizontal
- MAGPANELS Magnets, one for each frog and flower
- BoBunny Press Blossoms Collection Natural Earth Pansy
- Graphic 45 Typography Collection Papers, 12”x12”: Typography, Imagine
- Flat-back frogs or other dimensional embellishments
- Brass grommets, two
- Rope, ribbon, cording, or push pins
- Sequin waste or dot pattern stencil
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks: Cranberry, Terra Cotta, Sunset Orange, Mushroom, Pitch Black
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol Inks Gold Metallic Mixatives
- Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Ink Applicator
- Grommet setter
- Tombow Power Tabs Adhesive
- paper trimmer, newspapers and plastic bag (to cover work surface), rubber gloves, old shirt
- 1. Size is 13-1/2" x 11-3/4".
- Flowers & Frogs Magnet Board
- 1. Spread plastic bag covered with newspapers on work table. Use protective clothing as needed, such as rubber gloves and an old shirt. (Note: Alcohol inks will stain; follow manufacturer's instructions and work in a well-ventilated space.)
- 2. Place magnet board on newspapers. Working quickly, randomly apply alcohol inks to magnet board using ink applicator, covering majority of metal. (Note: Some silver metal should remain visible.) Apply Pitch Black and Gold last to yield most vibrant spots.
- 3. While ink is wet, press dot pattern stencil onto surface. Lift stencil and press to surface in another area of board to deposit color. Repeat as desired to create pattern and look of dotted texture.
- 4. Set grommets in holes at top of board. For hanging, insert rope, ribbon, or cord through grommets and knot ends, or use large push pins to hang board.
- 5. Adhere magnets to back of each flower and frog using Power Tabs. Use magnets to attach inspirational quote or note cards as desired. Quote and card are cut from patterned papers.
- 1. For a masculine look, use fish for magnets instead of flowers. Add a feminine touch by using a piece of lace for the stencil and only flowers for the magnets.