Fanciful Flight Birdhouse with Card Gift Set
sizes: cards, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; birdhouse, 8-1/2" tall
Inside View of Birdhouse
Coffee Archival Images
- Wooden birdhouse, 8-1/2”x8-1/2” (Crafts Etc!)
- Cardstock: dark brown; natural; pale yellow; berry red; pale green
- Twelfth Night patterned (Scrapperdashery)
- Netone A2 envelopes (Leewed)
- Natural raffia (Crafts Etc!)
- Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Embossing Powder*
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers*: Mountain Rose; Lemonade
- The Bird’s Nest stamp set (Oxford Impressions)
- Ink pads*: Coffee Archival; Adirondack Dye Ink Pads in Cranberry and Butterscotch
- Inkssentials Heatit Craft Tool*
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents*
- Niji Waterbrush (Yasutomo)
- Xyron Create-a-Sticker Machine, 1-1/2” (Xyron)
- 1. Remove rope from inside of birdhouse. Dab on Mountain Rose and Lemonade paints; let dry. Glue roof sections together.
- 2. Cut six 3"x5-3/4" patterned paper pieces and stamp with various Coffee Archival images, using photo as guide. Adhere papers behind birdhouse windows.
- 3. Trace birdhouse twice onto patterned paper; cut out and glue papers to bottom and inside floor of birdhouse.
- Cards & Envelopes
- 1. Make eight to 12 side-fold card bases from variety of cardstocks. Cut 3-1/2"x4-3/4" patterned paper pieces and mat on 3-3/4"x5" pieces of contrasting cardstock. Adhere to cards. See inset photos, Steps 1 and 2.
- 2. Using photos as guides, stamp Coffee Archival images on patterned paper. Use water brush and dye inks to watercolor images.
- 3. Run raffi a strands through Xyron machine and adhere to desired cards in nest shape. Sprinkle embossing powder over nest and heat set; do not overheat. Apply Glossy Accents over nest to attach it permanently to card.
- 4. Use photo as guide to stamp and watercolor coordinating envelopes.