Dragonfly Flurries Stamp Art Box
- Paper mâché box with lid, 2-1/2”x3-1/4”x4-1/2”
- Dark brown or black cardstock
- Decorative metallic buttons
- Tear Drop Dragonfly stamp (Safire Designs)
- Black dye ink pads
- Adirondack Metallics Copper Acrylic Paint Dabber (Ranger)
- Adirondack Dimensional Pearls paints (Ranger), several coordinating colors
- Big & Bossy Clear Embossing Ink Pad (Ranger)
- Embossing powders (Ranger): Black; Silver; Turquoise Glitter; Gold UTEE
- Anti-static embossing bag
- Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger), several coordinating colors
- Heat tool
- Adhesives: hi-temp hot glue gun; Aleene’s Tacky Glue (Duncan)
- Step 1
- 1. Pounce Copper paint dabber along box and lid edges, about 3/4" wide. Use Dimensional Pearls to make design around lid edge. Let dry.
- Step 2
- 1. Cut cardstock panels to fit four sides of box and top of lid, leaving 1/2"-wide painted box edges exposed. Lightly press different areas of first panel to embossing ink pad; do not ink entire panel.
- Step 3
- 1. Sprinkle wet ink with silver powder.
- Step 4
- 1. Heat set powder until raised and shiny.
- Step 5
- 1. Ink different areas and sprinkle with turquoise glitter powder. Cardstock, silver and turquoise areas should all be visible. Tip: Lay panel across straight edge of embossing pad; change directions when changing embossing powder colors.
- Step 6
- 1. Heat set powder until shiny.
- Step 7
- 1. Rub panels with anti-static bag, then stamp and black emboss dragonfly image on each panel, changing position from panel to panel. If some black powder clings to other areas, don't worry; this adds to the abstract, artistic effect.
- Step 8
- 1. Tap fingertip onto embossing pad and rub onto a few areas of each panel; sprinkle with Gold UTEE powder.
- Step 9
- 1. Heat set UTEE powder until raised and shiny. Excess powder will blow across panel during heating; simply heat stray powder to add interest.
- Step 10
- 1. Ink all panel edges black. Outline dragonfly wings and fill in portions of body, if desired, with Dimensional Pearls. Fill in remaining body and wing areas with Stickles glitter glue. Let dry completely. Glue panels to box and lid; let dry. Glue buttons to lid and bottom of box (for legs).