Cork Board Gift Box
Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.
Cork Board Gift Box
- Elmer’s Cork Foam Board, 20”x30”x3/8”, two sheets
- Papers: Hampton Art Ki Vintage Charm Collection Numbers, three sheets; brown cardstock; cream handmade paper
- FloraCraft Design It: SimpleStyle Wired Burlap Ribbon, 2-1/2”-wide, 1-1/4 yds.
- Natural braided twine trim, 1/4”-wide, 4 yds.
- Grosgrain ribbon, 7/8”-wide, 1-1/4 yds.: brown, green
- Leaf-and-berry floral sprig, 3”-5” long
- Gift of choice
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, AXENT Craft Knife and Blades, 18”x24” Self Healing Cutting Mat, 12” Metal Ruler, 8” Scissors
- Hampton Art Spellbinders Shapeabilities Cling Butterflies Die & Stamp Set
- Hampton Art Black Pigment Ink Pad
- DecoArt Americana Fawn Acrylic Paint
- Adhesives: glue gun and sticks; Elmer’s CraftBond Permanent Dot Runner, All Purpose Glue Stick, Clear Dual Tip Glue Pen
- pencil, heat tool, newspaper (to cover work surface), medium flat paintbrush, small disposable cup, paper towels, 1/4” hole punch
- 1. Measure height, width, and depth of gift. Plan box to be 1" larger in height, on right and left sides, and in depth. Top and bottom pieces should be 1" wider to cover edges of box sides. For box shown, back and sides measure 5"x14"; top and bottom measure 5"x6".
- 2. Measure, mark, and cut all pieces from cork foam board using craft knife and metal ruler. (Note: Place foam board cork side up, score lightly, then press more firmly on subsequent cuts; replace knife blades often.)
- 3. Cut numbers paper pieces to same size as box pieces; adhere to white side of board using glue stick.
- 4. Position box pieces to check alignment; sides should overlap edges of back piece and top/bottom should overlap sides. Assemble box using glue gun.
- 5. Paint visible white edges Fawn; let dry. Use glue pen to adhere side-by-side rows of braided trim to painted edges on front and sides of box. Let dry.
- 6. Layer brown and green ribbons on burlap ribbon, slightly overlapping, and use dot runner to tack ribbons in place. Place gift inside box and carefully wrap layered ribbon around lower half, knotting at front. Trim ends.
- 7. For gift tag, peel 3"x4-1/2" piece of cork from top layer of foam cork board scrap. Stamp tag image onto cork; heat set ink. Trim tag with scissors, leaving narrow border. Punch hole in top center.
- 8. Cut 2-3/4"x4-3/4" pieces from brown cardstock and cream handmade paper. Tear cream piece to 2-1/4x4-1/4" and adhere to brown piece. Punch hole in top center. Adhere leaf-and-berry sprig to tag using glue gun.
- 9. Cut 15" length of braided trim and thread through holes in both tags, layering cork tag on top. Tie tags around wine bottle neck, knotting and leaving ends long. Dot ends with glue pen or hot glue to prevent fraying.
- 1. A half-size box would be perfect for presenting a handmade ornament.