Come to My Table
My Favorite Things
Set your holiday table with customized, handmade place settings. Your guests will feast their eyes on your clever craftiness, putting them in the mood to dine on your lovingly prepared meal.
Come to My Table
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Hot Fudge, Kraft, Lemon Drop, Grape Jelly, Whip Cream
- My Favorite Things Grape Jelly Grosgrain Ribbon
- My Favorite Things Hot Fudge Felt
- My Favorite Things Grapesicle Buttons
- My Favorite Things Hemp Cord
- Yellow embroidery floss
- Provo Craft Cricut Cuttlebug Die-Cutting System
- My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Place Setting, Napkin Ring and Place Card, Fall Foliage, Pierced Rectangle STAX
- My Favorite Things Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics
- My Favorite Things Stamp Sets: Fall Foliage, All Occasion Place Setting
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Ink Pads: Hot Fudge, Kraft, Lemon Drop, Grape Jelly, Whip Cream
- White pencil
- Adhesives: X-Press It High Tack Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets, 8-1/2”x11”; adhesive runner; clear dots; foam squares
- paper trimmer, scissors, embroidery needle
- 1. Sizes: napkin ring, 6"x1-3/4"; place card, 3"x2"
- Place Setting
- 1. Die cut napkin ring from Napkin Ring and Place Card Die-namics set from Hot Fudge cardstock; stamp Whip Cream napkin ring image from All Occasion Place Setting set.
- 2. Using photo as guide, die cut three small Fall Foliage Die-namics pieces from Kraft, Hot Fudge, and Lemon Drop cardstocks. Stamp coordinating Fall Foliage images onto die-cut shapes as follows: Hot Fudge image onto Kraft die cut; Whip Cream image onto Hot Fudge die cut; Lemon Drop image onto Lemon Drop die cut.
- 3. Die cut small plate from Place Setting Die-namics set from Grape Jelly cardstock; die cut charger plate from Lemon Drop cardstock. Ink edges of charger plate with Kraft ink. Set aside plates.
- 4. Adhere double-sided adhesive sheet to burlap fabric.
- 5. Die cut Place Setting Die-namics pieces from burlap. This will cut cleanly, as adhesive sheet keeps burlap from fraying.
- 6. Remove the liner from the back of the burlap charger plate, secure the Fall Foliage elements behind the plate, and then adhere to Hot Fudge napkin ring. Cut center section from Lemon Drop charger plate. Adhere Lemon Drop strip, Grape Jelly plate, and burlap silverware to front of napkin ring.
- 7. Die cut place card from Napkin Ring and Place Card Die-namics set from Kraft cardstock. Stamp borders Grape Jelly, place setting Hot Fudge, and sprig of foliage Lemon Drop. Die cut Fall Foliage Die-namics acorn from Grape Jelly cardstock and stamp Hot Fudge. Tie hemp cord into bow around stem of acorn; adhere acorn to front of place card with foam square.
- 8. For candlestick decoration, die cut Place Setting Die-namics from both Hot Fudge cardstock and adhesive-backed burlap. Die-cut Fall Foliage Die-namics sprig from Lemon Drop cardstock; stamp with Kraft ink. Peel backing from burlap and adhere to cardstock circle. Adhere sprig to circle as shown in photo. Thread hemp cord through button; tie into bow. Adhere button to sprig with clear dot.
- 9. Die cut menu card from Whip Cream cardstock using Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics; use Hot Fudge ink to stamp sentiment at top right.
- 10. Die cut Fall Foliage Die-namics leaf from Hot Fudge felt. Freehand mark intended stitch lines using white pencil.
- 11. Straight stitch over marks using embroidery floss.
- 12. Wrap Grape Jelly ribbon around menu card and tie into bow on top front as shown in photo. Thread hemp cord through Grapesicle button and tie to felt leaf at back; adhere to bow as shown. Write menu items on card.
- 1. To use this same idea for winter holidays, simply die cut shapes from bleached muslin and cream felt; embellish with neutral buttons, ribbon, floss, and ink colors.