Butterflies for Mom Set
sizes: photo clip, 6-1/8" tall; card, 4-1/4"x5-1/2"; wall art, 4"x4"
- Jumbo wooden clothespin
- Chipboard coaster, 4”x4”
- Sugarplum cardstock (Memory Box)
- Sultry 6”x6” Paper Pack (BasicGrey)
- Mat Stack (Stampin’ Up!)
- Sticky Gems (Me & My Big Ideas)
- Fresh Mown Grass Dew Drops (Robin’s Nest)
- Decorative metal paper clip
- Ribbon: pink/brown and brown/pink stitched grosgrain; burgundy/pink stitched satin
- Stamps: Blossoms Clear Stamp (Imaginisce); Butterfly in Flight, Lovely Flowers and Thank You Flourish (Inkadinkado)
- Ink pads: Memories Palette Noir (Stewart Superior); Purely Pomegranate, Pixie Pink and Wild Wasabi Classic Stampin’ Pads (Stampin’ Up!); Timber Brown StazOn (Tsukineko)
- Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker (Stampin’ Up!)
- Aquapainter water brush (Stampin’ Up!)
- Stardust Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger)
- Green acrylic paint
- Craft punches: 1-1/2” circle; 2” scalloped circle; 1-1/4” and 1-3/8” squares; Royal and Classic Butterflies (Martha Stewart Crafts)
- Paper piercer
- Adhesives: Crafter’s Pick Decoupage Gel (API); dimensional dots; clear mini dots
- Photo Clip
- 1. Paint clothespin green; let dry. Cover front and back with striped paper; adhere with Decoupage Gel and let dry. Tie ribbon around front of clothespin.
- 2. Stamp Palette Noir Blossoms on white paper. Watercolor image using Classic Stampin' Pads and Aquapainter; press lid against ink pad to create pool of color before opening. Let dry.
- 3. Punch image into 1-1/2" circle. Punch brown scalloped circle; adhere layers together. Adhere tag to clip using adhesive dots and metal clip.
- 1. Stamp Pixie Pink butterfly on light pink paper. Stamp Timber Brown Lovely Flowers on dark pink paper. Cut out images. Mat flower image on light pink and dark brown papers.
- 2. Adhere butterfly body to flower panel; gently pull wings forward to add lift. Adhere Sticky Gems to body. Cut and adhere folded ribbon length to left edge; adhere gem over fold.
- 3. Make Sugarplum card base. Cut and adhere paper pieces to card front. Use paper piercer and brown marker to create faux-stitched border. Adhere stamped image panel with adhesive dots.
- 4. Use marker to ink words from sentiment stamp; stamp card front. Use mini dots to adhere Dew Drops.
- Wall Art
- 1. Ink coaster edges Timber Brown. Cover coaster with green paper; adhere with Decoupage Gel and let dry.
- 2. Punch two of each butterfly from various papers. Punch two pink and two brown 1-1/4" squares; repeat with 1-3/8"-square punch. Sponge Timber Brown ink around square edges.
- 3. Layer and adhere squares to coaster as shown. Adhere butterfly bodies to squares; gently pull wings forward to add lift. Adhere Sticky Gems to bodies.
- 4. Cut 8" satin ribbon length and tie bow at center; trim ends. Adhere ribbon to back of coaster. Coaster may also be placed in photo clip.