Basketball Star Hook
Basketball Star Hook
- Wooden plaque hook with knob, 5-7/8"x5-7/8"
- Black cardstock
- Karen Foster Design Basketball Collection Papers: On the Court, B-Ball Collage, Shoot to Score, Play Basketball
- Karen Foster Design Basketball Collection Above the Rim Stickers, 2 pkgs.
- Karen Foster Design Scrapper's Spool Multi-Purpose Floss: Pumpkin, Midnight
- Filing tool or sandpaper
- Paper distressing tool
- Orange acrylic paint
- Sanford Sharpie Black Fine-Tip Marker
- Ranger Stickles Orange Peel Glitter Glue
- Adhesives: paper glue, foam dots
- paper trimmer, scissors, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, pencil, newspapers, paintbrush
- 1. Paint plaque, including ball knob, orange; let dry. Gently sand plaque edges to create weathered effect.
- 2. Cut and adhere On the Court paper to plaque front; let dry. Sand edges to remove excess paper.
- 3. Cut "Rebound" sentiment and other desired words, perhaps student's team position, from B-Ball Collage paper. Adhere word strips across top and bottom of plaque; let dry. Sand edges.
- 4. Cut 4-3/4" black cardstock square. Cut 4-1/2" Play Basketball paper square and 4" Shoot to Score paper square. Distress paper edges. Adhere layers together; adhere to center of plaque.
- 5. Adhere Basketball Star sticker to center of plaque with foam dots. Adhere two small star stickers with foam dots. Highlight star edges with glitter glue; let dry.
- 6. Use black marker to draw lines on knob to create basketball.
- 7. To create dimensional hangers, cut three 18" lengths from Pumpkin and Midnight floss. Holding one length of each color together, knot ends to create hanging loops.
- 8. Adhere two basketball and two jersey stickers back to back using foam dots, sandwiching floss knot between layers.
- 9. For third hanger, adhere remaining Basketball Star to black cardstock using foam dots, sandwiching floss knot between layers. Use craft knife to trim cardstock around sticker. Highlight star edges with glitter glue; let dry. Hang shapes from hook.
- 1. Look for more themed papers and embellishments from Karen Foster Design, including soccer, football, cheerleading, track, swimming, etc.