Construction paper or cardstock: black, assorted colors
Black ribbon, 2 yds.
Black cord, 24” length
Wooden dowel, 17” length
Optional: Rubber stamps and black ink pad, pinking shears, circle paper punches
Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
black marker, ruler or measuring tape, scissors, stapler and staples
1. For each card holder, measure and cut 3-1/2"x4-1/2" paper rectangle. Stamp or draw stars in corners of rectangle. Outline edges with black marker.
2. Measure and cut 3"x4" vinyl rectangle. Use pinking shears if desired.
3. Staple vinyl rectangle on top of paper rectangle along sides and bottom edges. Insert trading card between vinyl and paper.
1. Measure and cut 15"x23" blue felt rectangle.
2. Make nine holders. Glue holders to felt in rows, leaving 1-1/2" on sides of rectangle and 3/4" between holders.
3. Glue black ribbon along rectangle edges. Trim ends.
4. For dowel casing, fold top edge of rectangle over 1" to back and glue edge; let dry. Insert dowel through casing and foam balls onto dowel ends.
5. Punch or cut two 1" black paper circles and two 3/4" circles from colored paper. Stamp or draw stars on colored circles. Glue colored circles onto black circles. Glue black circles onto front of foam balls.
6. Stamp or write child's name and "cards" on colored paper. Cut odd shapes around letters. Glue letters onto black paper. Cut black paper around letters. Glue letter shapes above card holders across top of banner.
7. To hang, tie cord ends onto either side of dowel.
1. Banner can be used to display any type of trading card-from basketball, hockey, and other sports to comic or cartoon collector's cards!