Autumn Leaf Box
Autumn Leaf Box
- Wooden storage box with slide-lid, 2-1/2”x9”x12”
- White photo paper (no sheen)
- Cardstock: white, green
- Fall leaves (fresh or pressed)
- Jute twine
- Tea-dyed tag
- Gauze fabric
- Mini antique paper fasteners, two
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Heritage Brick, Sable Brown
- DecoArt Weathered Wood Crackling Medium
- Royal & Langnickel Paintbrushes: Series 355 Natural Hair Bristle Flat #10; Series 985 Angular Sash Bristle 1”; Foam Brush, 3”
- Clear acetate
- Deckle-edge scissors
- Scoring blade and rotary tool
- Hole punch, 1/16"
- Beacon Adhesives: Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Liquid Laminate
- scissors, sandpaper, newspaper (to cover work surface), black construction paper
- 1. Lightly sand box. On covered work surface, paint lid Lamp Black.
- 2. Place clear acetate on scanner glass to protect surface. Place leaves on acetate with right side facing down. Scan leaves into computer; print at actual size on photo paper. Cut out leaves, trimming edges with deckle-edge scissors as desired.
- 3. Determine placement of leaves on lid. Apply Gem-Tac on back of images; press in place. Trim images extending beyond edges of lid.
- 4. Apply Liquid Laminate on lid with foam brush; let dry. Rub images in place with fingers if they lift.
- 5. Paint box Lamp Black; let dry. Apply crackling medium to sides and top edge of box (do not get in lid groove); let dry. Apply Sable Brown over medium. Paint thin coat Sable Brown on areas that have not been crackled. Drybrush box edges Heritage Brick. Let dry.
- 6. For tag, write "Falling Leaves" on white cardstock. Cut strip around words same width as tag. Adhere strip to tag. Punch 1/16" holes in sides; attach paper fasteners.
- 7. Wrap and knot gauze around tag. Adhere printed leaf on green cardstock; cut around edge. Score line down leaf center; crease. Adhere leaf on tag. Wrap and tie jute around box. Tie tag to jute.
- 1. For leaves with holes, place black construction paper on top of leaves after positioning on acetate for scanning.