Altered Papier Mâché Pair
sizes: dragonfly, 4-1/4" across; fairy, 4" square
- DRAGONFLY DELIGHT BOX:
- Round paper mâché box with metal lid
- Grunge Background Bark stamp (I Brake for Stamps)
- Tim Holtz Adirondack Alcohol line (Ranger): Stream, Lettuce Inks; Blending Solution; Ink Applicator
- Adirondack line (Ranger): Clover, Juniper Acrylic Paint Dabbers; Clover Pigment Ink Pad
- FAIRYLAND BOX:
- Square paper mâché box with lid
- Magnolia paper (My Mind’s Eye)
- Melt Art line (Ranger): Mold-n-Pour; Melting Pot; Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel; Tiger Lily UTEE Brightz; UTEE Flex
- Perfect Pearls Berry Twist Paint (Ranger)
- Stickles glitter glue (Ranger): Turquoise; Orange Peel; Lime Green; Candy Cane.
- Buttons to mold: fairy (DiBona Designs); flowers (Dill)
- Dragonfly Delight Box
- 1. Sand box lid to remove any paint. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply drops of alcohol inks and blending solution to applicator. Pounce applicator onto metal lid. Repeat until pleased with coverage; let dry.
- 2. Paint outside of box Clover and inside Juniper; let dry. Stamp bark image on outside of box with Clover pigment ink to add texture.
- Fairyland Box
- 1. Following manufacturer's instructions, prepare Mold-n-Pour by mixing equal amounts white and purple silicone putty in hands for 30 seconds until colors combine. Press large ball of putty onto protected surface to flatten bottom slightly. Press fairy button and flower buttons into ball, arranging as shown, and let harden for seven to 10 minutes; remove buttons. Mold is ready to use for UTEE, candle wax, soap, clay, chocolate and more. Reserve food molds for food-use only. No release agent needed.
- 2. Preheat empty Melting Pot with lid on for up to 10 minutes. Fill pot with Clear and Tiger Lily UTEE and heat with lid on. Once UTEE melts, add 1/8 to 1/4 scoop of UTEE Flex for extra strength and flexibility. Stir pot to combine. Pour melted UTEE into mold; pop out when cool.
- 3. Cover box with patterned paper; highlight design here and there with glitter glues and let dry. Glue UTEE embellishment to box lid; highlight here and there with glitter glue and let dry.