Valentine Tote & Card
sizes: tote, 6-1/2"x6-1/2"x8"; card, 7-1/2"x5"
Valentine Tote & Card
- Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper Classic Red Prismatic, Emma Orange Peel, Maraschino Monochromatic; Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush; smooth white
- Me & My BIG Ideas Bliss Specialty Cardstock Paper Pad (#PADX-80)
- Me & My BIG Ideas Red/White Rhinestone Hearts
- White heart-shaped paper doily
- Karen Foster Design Valentine’s Day Clear Stamp Set
- PaperCraftTemplates.com Popcorn Box Template
- Fiskars Scallop Scissors
- Die-cutting system and Papertrey Ink Heart Prints Dies
- Ink Pads: Papertrey Ink Fresh Snow, Close To My Heart Hollyhock, Tsukineko VersaColor Opera Pink
- Therm O Web Adhesives: SuperStik Permanent Glue Stick, XL Permanent Tape Runner, 3-D Foam Squares
- paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, bone folder
- 1. Using template, trace and cut out medium-sized popcorn box from pink paisley paper. Trace second box onto Maraschino cardstock. Cut out shape, using scallop scissors along top edges so red box sides are slightly taller than paisley box sides. Adhere paisley box to red using glue stick. Follow manufacturer's instructions to fold and assemble box.
- 2. For handle, cut 1-1/2"x12" Maraschino strip and 1-1/4"x12" pink paisley strip; trim long paisley edges with scallop scissors. Adhere strips together; adhere ends inside box.
- 3. Die cut largest heart from Maraschino; adhere white rhinestone heart to center. Adhere heart to tote with foam squares.
- 1. Make white top-fold card. Cut 7-1/4"x4-3/4" Maraschino panel; adhere to card front.
- 2. Cut two paisley paper pieces for corners of red panel, trimming inside edges with scallop scissors. Adhere paper to panel.
- 3. Die cut largest heart from paisley paper and mat with Maraschino cardstock; trim mat with scallop scissors. Adhere red rhinestone heart to center. Adhere layered heart to doily. Adhere doily to card with foam squares.
- 4. Stamp "Happy" in Hollyhock onto Emma cardstock. Stamp "Valentine's" in Fresh Snow onto Classic Red cardstock. Stamp "Day" in Opera Pink onto Sweet Blush cardstock. Trim sentiments into banners; adhere straight ends under left edge of heart as shown.
- 1. Add layers of visual interest to projects by mixing cardstocks of various textures.