Add some pizzazz to your New Year's festivities by donning these easy-to-make party hats. Perfect for any party, these hats will add energy and fun to your kids' New Year's celebration.
- Recycled clear plastic tub (Designer used sherbet container.)
- Paper plate, 9”
- Print paper: purple or green
- Cardstock or construction paper: yellow, pink, orange, lime green, lavender
- White chenille stems, eight, 6” lengths
- Hot pink feather boa
- Ribbon, 20” lengths: lime green, orange, yellow, pink, purple, fuchsia, bright pink
- Pom-poms, four each: hot pink, lime green
- Glitter: pink or blue
- White cording, four 30” lengths
- Number stamps
- Black inkpad
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Hole punch
- API Crafter’s Pick The Ultimate! Glue
- scissors, ruler, sponge scrap
- 1. Use hole punch to punch holes on either side of tub edge. Insert cord lengths through holes; knot ends around top edge.
- 2. For hat brim, cut center from paper plate. Position plate over top of tub; adhere edges.
- 3. Cut 2-1/2"-wide print strips from paper and adhere around hat.
- 4. Use black inkpad and number stamp to stamp "2013" on cardstock. Use decorative-edge scissors to cut out numbers, forming squares. Use sponge scrap to apply glue on edges of squares. While still wet, sprinkle with glitter.
- 5. Bend ends of four chenille stems into coils. Adhere pom-poms on ends of coils. Adhere number squares on ends of other four chenille stems. Adhere chenille stems on front of hat.
- 6. Adhere boa around hat. Tie ribbon bow; glue on front of hat.
- 7. Measure and cut 20" ribbon lengths. Bundle lengths in center; tie knot. Adhere ribbon bundle on front of hat.