Love Altered Frame
Love Altered Frame
- Wooden oval frame, 8-1/2”x6-1/2”
- Core’dinations ColorCore Graphic 45 Signature Series Antique Moss Cardstock
- Graphic 45 A Ladies’ Diary Collection Papers: La Gazette, Focal Point, Picture Perfect, Timeless Memoir, Delicate Details
- Large chipboard letters: l, o, v, e
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Shapeabilities Dies: Donna Salazar Rose Creations, Donna Salazar Bitty Blossoms, Foliage
- Clearsnap ColorBox Blackbird Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- Martha Stewart Crafts Summer Linen Satin Acrylic Craft Paint
- Artist’s gesso
- Adhesives: Liquitex Matte Gel Medium, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares, white craft glue
- paper trimmer, craft knife and cutting mat, ruler, pencil, sanding block, foam paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Remove backing from frame. Trace back onto peach dot paper, cut out, and adhere to frame backing; let dry.
- 2. Apply one coat gesso to frame; let dry. Apply one coat Summer Linen paint; let dry.
- 3. Trace frame front onto back of pink floral paper; cut out with craft knife. Using foam brush, apply one coat matte medium to frame, attach paper, and smooth with fingers; let dry. Sand frame edges.
- 4. Insert backing into frame.
- 5. Trace chipboard letters onto back of black floral paper; be sure letters are reversed. Cut out paper shapes. Adhere paper to letters with matte medium; let dry. Sand and ink letter edges black. Use craft glue and foam squares to adhere letters to frame as shown.
- 6. Using photo as guide, die cut six sets of Rose Creations flower shapes from assorted floral papers. Layer and adhere flowers together following manufacturer's instructions. Die cut six Bitty Blossoms from same papers; assemble and adhere to larger flower centers. Use craft glue to adhere roses to frame; let dry.
- 7. Die cut several Foliage single leaves from green cardstock; sand surface and adhere to frame around flowers as shown.
- 1. Omit paper-covered chipboard letters to use frame in traditional way.