Give Thanks Happy Fall Card
Create appealing texture on handmade cards with layered chipboard stickers and a touch of machine sewing.
- Bella Blvd. Finally Fall Collection Papers: Autumn Splendor, Apple Holler, Borders, Cute Cuts, Leaf Pile
- Bella Blvd. Stickers: Finally Fall Collection Alpha + Bits Stickers, Just Write Journaling Stickers, Chipboard Icons; Sophisticates Collection Quattrofina Mustard & Apricot Alpha
- Turquoise button
- Sewing machine and threads: bright green, light blue
- Turquoise acrylic paint
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, clear dots
- paper trimmer, detail scissors, ruler, pencil, small paintbrush, non-stick craft sheet, sewing needle, bone folder
- 1. Make 5-1/4"x4-1/4" top-fold card from Apple Holler paper; fold with apple side out. Make second card of same size from Autumn Splendor paper; fold with wood grain side in. Set aside Autumn Splendor card until last step.
- 2. Cut orange strip from Borders paper; adhere across bottom of apple card. Sew light blue straight stitch along bottom edge of strip.
- 3. Paint turquoise border down right edge of card to create look of torn paper; let dry.
- 4. Adhere brown journaling sticker to card as shown. Cut smaller Leaf Pile panel; distress edges slightly with scissors blade and adhere to journaling sticker. Adhere green leaf tab sticker to top edge of journaling sticker.
- 5. Adhere alphabet sticker sentiment to orange border strip as shown. Adhere Alpha & Bits "give thanks" sentiment above "happy."
- 6. Detail cut cloud from Cute Cuts paper; adhere to layered panel. Adhere tree, pumpkin, and apple chipboard stickers to layered panel.
- 7. Sew bright green thread through buttonholes, knotting at back. Adhere button to card with clear dot.
- 8. Adhere cards together with apples on outside and wood grain on inside. Firmly crease fold with bone folder.
- 1. To make cards that are patterned inside and out, adhere two layers of patterned paper together to approximate the weight of traditional cardstock.