Christmas Friend Coasters
These adorable Christmas Friend Coasters are sure to spark some holiday spirit. Or, create them as a great last-minute gift idea.
- Round cork coasters, 3-3/4”
- Craft foam: white, black, red
- Wooden shapes: circles, teardrops, hearts, triangles
- White felt, scraps
- Ribbon, 6” lengths
- Wiggle eyes, two
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Snow White, Flesh Tone, Baby Pink, Primary Yellow, Jack-O’-Lantern Orange
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- scissors, ruler, paintbrushes, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Pattern - Christmas Friend Coasters
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut coaster from craft foam as follows: snowman and polar bear white, Santa red, penguin black.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint wooden shapes as follows: polar bear: two circles (ears) white, one circle (muzzle) black, two circles (inner ears) pink; Santa: one circle (face) tan, two teardrops (mustache) white, one circle (nose) pink; penguin: one heart (eyes) white, one triangle (beak) yellow; snowman: teardrop (nose) orange. Let dry.
- 3. Adhere cork coaster onto center of craft foam coaster. Using photo as guide, adhere wooden items on coasters.
- 4. For Santa, cut beard and freehand cut hair from white felt scrap; adhere onto face. For snowman and Santa, cut mittens from white craft foam. For penguin and polar bear, cut mittens from black craft foam. Adhere mittens on sides of body.
- 5. Use black marker to add details and eyes on faces and draw three buttons down center of coasters. Measure and cut 6" ribbon length for each coaster (except Santa). Tie ribbon bow; adhere below head.
- 1. For ease in painting wooden shapes, tape onto newspaper.